Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoMate app stopped working...

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
A week ago, when the 99c subscription renewed, I noticed AutoMate, the app, stopped working. It has some useful features, including a nice AppleWatch app. What I liked is it mimicked the display, so if your display blanks out, you could possibly use it as a backup, though I haven't ever had to try whether it worked. Also, it had a list of api data that I hadn't seen elsewhere, which is useful.
IMG_7266.PNG

Sent a msg to the developer, but no answer. And, looking at the AppStore, the developer seems not to have responded at all in the last 4 months.

Anyone else have any luck?

• Helpful
Reactions: spectrum and AC2DC

Mervg

Jun 3, 2019
London
There is an updated version I have just installed through TestFlight and it fixes the login issue/ it was related to the use of 2 factor authentication that Tesla now use
So all good !

• Informative
Reactions: KenC

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
There is an updated version I have just installed through TestFlight and it fixes the login issue/ it was related to the use of 2 factor authentication that Tesla now use
So all good !
Would have been nice if the developer had let users know.

Reactions: AC2DC

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
The developer uses the Testflight app to allow a limited number of users to test beta versions. He has to invite you to install the beta version. When testing is complete, the app is then released. I assume that's how @Mervg was able to install the "updated version".

Still doesn't explain the developer's silence for 5 months.

Reactions: spectrum and AC2DC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC