TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Automated driving journal for mileage tax deductions

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brandeeno, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. brandeeno

brandeeno Member

Does Tesla have some sort of built in data dump where I can download a record of all trips? My Volvo records the following, which I am hoping Tesla does too:
    1. Category (business, personal, etc...
    2. Started - time and dated
    3. Start odometer
    4. Start address
    5. Stopped - time and date
    6. End odometer
    7. End address
    8. Duration
    9. Distance
    10. Fuel consumption
    11. Title
    12. User Notes

I love this, because I can just go on my Volvo phone app every quarter and download this information vs having some 3rd party app I need to constantly work with for each trip.

2. bharned3

bharned3 Member

That would be cool if it does. #following

3. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

There's sites such as Teslalog.com and teslafi.com. I'm currently using the former although it doesn't provide a download function as far as I know.

4. dscott98

dscott98 New Member

5. brandeeno

brandeeno Member

Thanks. I appreciate the 3rd party options, but not interested in them. I like the convenience of it built into the car and its own app... being recorded and available for download at my convenience. It surprises me that Tesla doesn't have this. Hoping it's hidden somewhere and people just don't know about it.

6. drklain

drklain Member

@brandeeno -- the Volvo capability sounds interesting. Can you provide a link to a description of it? I couldn't find any reference to it with a google search (but may have been using the wrong keywords)

7. brandeeno

brandeeno Member

8. drklain

drklain Member

Interesting. Not what I was expecting from your note. I thought it was something where you would hook up a phone or USB and download the data. I've seen a similar feature in a number of cars (including my wife's Kia Sedona)...interface via a website that pulls navdata from the car's trips.

Obviously a number of the Tesla apps also do this (and I believe several ultimately put the data into an Excel/CSV format so that you can manipulate it however you want. There are a also a number of ODB-connector devices that do this function, but I personally find just using a good iphone mileage-tracker app to be more useful for me.

Thanks for the pointer!

9. brandeeno

brandeeno Member

Much easier than hooking up a cable. I've included some screenshots Screenshot_20170113-115930.png Screenshot_20170113-115906.png Screenshot_20170113-115909.png Screenshot_20170113-115838.png that will give you some visuals as to how the Volvo app functions.