Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated Powerwall using Raspberry PI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my video on automating powerwall using Raspberry PI computer unit and python scripting. If you ever wanted finer control of the powerwall schedule or you have multiple peak times say 5am-9am and 5pm -10pm, or some Florida folks that have 6am-10am, and 6pm-10pm then this is a way of automating that. This is super helpful for those in the SRP Region in Arizona now who have split peak times which includes myself cause we’re located in Gilbert, Arizona.

The Tesla software so far has a limitation in only defining 1 peak period but these workarounds can expand that to multiple more than 1 peak periods. Also just in general if you are trying to charge/discharge on a different set schedule like you know its more financial advantage to charge now vs discharge you could use it for that. This latest software was modified to go from the local intranet connection to internet Tesla owners API because Tesla recently closed down the local connection requiring users to toggle power to receive credentials.

If you are wanting to learn more, check out my video.
Thanks for the support everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCbAUurlu8