Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic emergency braking for... railroad tracks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beeped loudly, braked hard. I tapped the accelerator and to get us back to regular speed and prevent myself from being rear-ended (but thankfully traffic was fairly light).

On 6.2, I have had the 6.2 front collision WARNING come on with TACC active. It is easy to confuse this with EAB. On 6.2, the warning will immediately kick off the TACC, causing max regenerative braking. This can be quite surprising if you are not expecting it.

If EAB had truly come on, you probably wouldn't have been able to avoid being rear-ended.

On 6.2, I have had the 6.2 front collision WARNING come on with TACC active. It is easy to confuse this with EAB. On 6.2, the warning will immediately kick off the TACC, causing max regenerative braking. This can be quite surprising if you are not expecting it.

If EAB had truly come on, you probably wouldn't have been able to avoid being rear-ended.
With all due respect. I can tell the difference between max regen (and no, kicking off TACC does NOT cause max regen, sadly) and the card slamming the breaks HARD. Yes, EAB did come on. And no, there wasn't even another object there with which to crash. And luckily there was no one behind me, either.

With all due respect. I can tell the difference between max regen (and no, kicking off TACC does NOT cause max regen, sadly) and the card slamming the breaks HARD. Yes, EAB did come on. And no, there wasn't even another object there with which to crash. And luckily there was no one behind me, either.

Perhaps you experienced EAB. But it seems as if every other person posting on this thread is indicating a false positive EAB. I just can't believe this is the case. If EAB had been going off with this frequency, the NTSB would certainly be involved. EAB is a serious response and should be optimized to have as few false positives as possible to avoid causing an accident.

Perhaps you experienced EAB. But it seems as if every other person posting on this thread is indicating a false positive EAB. I just can't believe this is the case. If EAB had been going off with this frequency, the NTSB would certainly be involved. EAB is a serious response and should be optimized to have as few false positives as possible to avoid causing an accident.

What's EAB?

AEB = Auto[matic] Emergency Braking