Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled", No Traffic Visualization, and no Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else seen an issue with their visualization not showing traffic/lights/signs/etc and autopilot not being available? This has started happening frequently to my Tesla since around the end of April. When this occurs, I get the "Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled" warning when starting the drive. I'm sometimes able to solve this by rebooting the car and getting out for a while before getting back in. When this happens, autopilot and cruise control are not available (which is the main reason this really bugs me)
I can tell the camera hardware itself is working fine since I will still get the green light 'ping' sound alert when at a light, but just no visualization is shown for it.

Has anyone else been seeing this issue? I'm on 2022.16.0.3, but have also been seeing this with older versions starting back in late April.

I have a service appointment scheduled for this week, so hopefully I can get more info from the SC on what might be going on here.

What you're describing isn't right for sure. The only suggestion I would have before making an appointment with Tesla Service, is to perform a camera calibration. This should have happened on your initial drives but it's often suggested for otherwise inexplicable Autopilot problems.

By the way, is your forum handle a reference to a broken Swedish automobile? I ask because I am the owner of quite a few, well not technically broken, yet non-operational fine vintage ones for which I have "temporarily paused the restoration process"...

Has anyone else seen an issue with their visualization not showing traffic/lights/signs/etc and autopilot not being available? This has started happening frequently to my Tesla since around the end of April. When this occurs, I get the "Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled" warning when starting the drive. I'm sometimes able to solve this by rebooting the car and getting out for a while before getting back in. When this happens, autopilot and cruise control are not available (which is the main reason this really bugs me)
I can tell the camera hardware itself is working fine since I will still get the green light 'ping' sound alert when at a light, but just no visualization is shown for it.

Has anyone else been seeing this issue? I'm on 2022.16.0.3, but have also been seeing this with older versions starting back in late April.

I have a service appointment scheduled for this week, so hopefully I can get more info from the SC on what might be going on here.
I did the full power off a few months ago and the power off for 10 minutes worked...FSD came back!

The service center just got back to me with the following reply:
I have finished reviewing your concern and found the cause is currently under investigation by our Engineering team. The issue is intermittent and will usually self recover after allowing the vehicle to sleep with sentry mode turned OFF. I have collected and passed on thee data from your Tesla to further assist, as Tesla is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible.
So it looks like this is a known issue internally. Hopefully they'll get a fix out soon! I've hit this 5 times this week..

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I’ve been getting the same alerts and all the feature that is unique to Tesla are disabled. It’s like I’m back to driving my Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme again.

I bought used 2016 Model S last September and within the first month of driving it the alerts started popping up. I did what Tesla told me to do and that was to reset the car’s system. It was fine few a weeks and the alert popped up again and again.

Made an appointment to have Tesla look at the problem and provide a fix while car is still under warranty. Car was in service for over 30 days and was told that I had to pay approx. $6000 to fix the problem but if the problem comes back I wouldn’t be getting a refund.

So I decided to take the car back and fuel a warranty claim.

When I went to drive the car, message popped stating that I car is in neutral and have no brakes. The car refused to go into drive.

Lon story short, if you’re having these “minor issues” make sure you take back to Tesla so it is formally documented and read up on the Lemon Law in your state along with Tesla’s warranty.

I’m going to have to have it towed to the closest service center bc Igor forbid the car shutoffs while I’m on the freeway going 65mph and brakes are out.

Attachments

• F3A5CD5A-D855-45C5-9666-9431019796F2.jpeg
    F3A5CD5A-D855-45C5-9666-9431019796F2.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 99
  • DFB5A105-E4D9-43B4-9B37-BC6530A2C7C3.jpeg
    DFB5A105-E4D9-43B4-9B37-BC6530A2C7C3.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 49