TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Automatic Garage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brightonuk, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I am sure you have all seen the video

The company that manufactures these is Shanghai Chaoye Energy & Technology Co., Ltd.
    They are selling on Alibaba and Made In China .com

The price on Alibaba is $4,444 rather steep if you go 20+ it drops to $2,857 and that can be negotiated but I am sure it will be FOB which means shipping charges
    Made in China they want a MOQ of 18 but I do not have a price yet from that site.

The info is sketchy as they call this product a Solar Parking Garage it only runs on 12v so It would not take much to power the unit.
    I have reached out to the company for more info then see if there is really any interest
  2. mjaminian

mjaminian New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    I was looking for a car shelter for my Model S and found your post. Thanks for the info.

I'm moving to a new place which has a concrete shelter, though without a door, providing therefore no (UV, rain, dust, hail) protection for the front of my car. I might be interested by such a solution.