Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic max volume when entering the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2019.36.2.1 recently and noticed that when I re-enter the car the music volume automatically cranks up very loud. Has this happened to anyone else?

This didn't happen prior to the update. If anything, I could never adjust the car's volume with my phone's volume buttons but now I can (with the added "feature" of automatic max volume when I enter the car now).

I think this was caused by Media Volume Sync on my phone. I had to either disable that option or lower the volume on both car and phone before re-syncing.
Screenshot_20191114-095530_Settings.jpg

Experienced the same thing on iPhone (no settings were changed on the phone and no updates in the past week for the phone). This bug was definitely introduced with the latest updates from Tesla (first happened with me on Wednesday). Happened again yesterday. Tesla messed with some settings, because nothing about this in the release notes, how are they not already aware of this?

I could always adjust the volume with the iPhone, meaning something was most definitely changed.

Is there a process to report bugs, or is it just making noise on the forums?

I have mine set to sync and I dont have this issue. Could it be that you were listening at high volume and then saved your profile?

Hmm, that is an interesting point. I did happen to set a new driver seat profile recently, but had decided to go back to my previous profile and the volume issue still persisted. I didn't think of a link between the two but very possible.

This seems to work for me on iPhone (only been a day sofar):

"On your device, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and see if Attention Aware Features is enabled or now. If it is enabled, turn it off to see if your issue is fixed."