Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic mirror fold option missing in Y with no FSD package ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electroman

Aug 18, 2012
TX
In my Model 3, the mirrors always folded when I parked anywhere, and I even had an option to exclude the fold in my home location. This was great. I don't see that option in Y. Or is it hidden somewhere? Along with lane change, is this also an FSD only option?

I don't understand this option. In my Model 3, I believe I had the reverse. It folded everywhere except at my home.
Maybe it is a new feature. I know that Tesla added a feature where you can specify not to automatically lock the vehicle upon exiting when parked at home (useful if you always park inside a garage at your home, no need to always be folding and unfolding the mirrors.)

From the manual -- "Both exterior mirrors can automatically fold inward whenever you exit and lock Model Y. When you unlock Model Y, the exterior mirrors then automatically unfold. To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Fold"

I have mine set to auto fold but have the car set to not lock at home. Doing this also keeps the mirrors from auto folding at home.

ArchieDale: Does the car fully go to "sleep" if it isn't locked?
Yes; I have my Model Y set to not lock when parked in my home garage. I have the Amazon Echo Auto device installed in my Model Y, whenever the Model Y powers up the 12V accessory outlet the Echo Auto device powers on I get a message from the Alexa app on my Apple Watch that Amazon Alexa Auto is ready to go. This happens about once every 24 hours whether or not my Model Y is plugged in.