Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Navigation not working in morning (home to work)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I've had Automatic Navigation set up since getting car in June. It worked up until a week ago. In the morning, Automatic Navigation doesn't show directions from home to work (so I can use FSD), but it shows in the afternoon (work to home).
I always leave for work at the same time, Monday - Friday.
I tried disabling Automatic Navigation (Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation) and then re-enabling, and also tried the two button screen reset, to no avail.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

just confirmed mine is still working ok. I guess one thing to try is this….when you’re at home, ready to start your work commute, click and hold the NAVIGATE button and drag it straight down to about the bottom of the map. This should set your navigation to work. If that does not work, you may need to clear your work location and re establish that. Unfortunately it’s been so long since I’ve done that, I don’t remember how to do that, maybe it’s fresher in your mind since yours is newer

Reactions: haroldo
Model 3 (June 2021)
Yes, it set Work by dragging down
I also tried deleting and typing in address...turning off the Automatic Navigation, and back on again...and rebooting monitor

Did you ever figure out a fix? I have a 2022 Model 3, also having exact same issue.
I believe it’s based on the time of day
Early in the morning, automatic navigation isn’t available before 5 AM, but it is after.
I think it’s the same in the afternoon, but not sure what the preset hours of availability are.
Maybe after 4 PM???

What are your typical commuting times?

Last edited:
Leave for work 6am. Head home around 5:30pm.
Has your home location changed recently either due to a move or map update?

If it isn't current, auto-nav won't work. One of the criteria for navigating to work is starting at home. Since you only complained the one way and not the other - going to assume it is but trying to help with no stone unturned.

ETA: 05-11 & 15-23 local are the windows for the logic to enable, per the manual.

Reactions: haroldo