Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic navigation to and from work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I used to drive to work every morning and drive home afterwards, my Model 3 picked up on my driving habits and automatically navigated to work in the morning and set up navigation to get home later on. I have since left that company but my Tesla still automatically starts the navigation for the work address in the mornings and also home address later on in the day. How do I switch off this feature?

It's a bit of a strange setting in my opinion. Why would you need help navigating to or from your work? It's a journey you're surely going to be very familiar with. Likewise any other journey that happens regularly enough for "automatic navigation" to recognise it.

Solution looking for a problem imo.

It's a bit of a strange setting in my opinion. Why would you need help navigating to or from your work? It's a journey you're surely going to be very familiar with. Likewise any other journey that happens regularly enough for "automatic navigation" to recognise it.

i didn't set it up. it just picked up my daily driving habit. it even knew the times i was making those journeys.

The car needs to know if its driving itself ;) I think there are a few things that benefit if knowing where you are going. Traffic and range assist etc. But yes, if you are doing the average 10 mile commute, its less annoying turned off, especially when last time I looked, it couldn't differentiate between two different drivers requirements.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Yup, but that’s what I mean. Your daily driving habits probably don’t need navigational assistance, as they are a daily driving habit :D
i think what happened is that when i first set up my driving preferences, I set everything on to make the most of all the features.
you're right though, i didn't really need it but i looked at the navigation to get an estimate of my arrival time.

So that you have up to date traffic info each time?

Reactions: gavine

Because as it takes traffic into account as there may be an accident or a closed road etc on your normal route which would then be routed around

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot and bhav
Do you not get that when you're driving anyway? Or does the navigation re-route you based on traffic? I drove in to work today and saw red/orange busy roads on the map (navigation not active).

On screen traffic looks pretty but it often totally inaccurate - often showing red and orange and stretch of road is empty - and not just because its out of date - I see queues on local roads late at night.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel