Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Navigation to/from work/home - is it working for you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off - I am NOT talking about calendar integration. I am talking about automatically navigating to work/home...

When I get in the car in the morning, it has auto-started the navigation to my Work address every day this week as-advertised. However, only once did it auto-start nav to home from work.

Has it been working for those who use it with consistent schedules? Does anyone know the algorithm it uses? For example, is it super simplistic: If at home and it's "morning" on a weekday, then auto-set "work" as destination or more like the iPhone where it looks at trends over time with some AI?

Yes, seems to work quite consistently for me, although I must say I don't really like having NoA kick in unexpectedly because of this. I don't really like the route it takes, and NoA doesn't handle rush hour traffic all that well (we have a strange section of highway where the right lane actually ends up moving faster than the other lanes, so I usually just stay in the right lane, whereas NoA wants to immediately get into a passing lane.

I like the concept of this, but not sure it's quite for me.

I have no idea what algorithm it's using--it hasn't been that long to tell if it's halfway intelligent yet anyway.

Has it been working for those who use it with consistent schedules? Does anyone know the algorithm it uses? For example, is it super simplistic: If at home and it's "morning" on a weekday, then auto-set "work" as destination or more like the iPhone where it looks at trends over time with some AI?

Yeah it's exactly that simple, if it's evening it at work it navigates back home. Also it will navigate to a meeting if you have your calendar synced and the upcoming event has an address attached to it. I haven't found it too useful because I rarely go straight home from work.