Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Turn Signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried out my automatic turn signals last night on a long highway & traffic drive, and they are simply fantastic! This is the new gold standard for turn signals. It used to annoy me that the car would only give 3 flashes and was not adjustable. Now, when you partially engage, they will flash and the rear view stays on until you are in the next lane. They are not perfected yet for exit ramps and lane forks. But they are amazing as they are.

Wondering the reason why it won't work on MCU2/Intel
Where did you hear / how did you find out that it doesn’t work on MCU2? I saw that it requires HW3, but I didn’t see anything about the MCU being limited to Ryzen only (MCU3). Are you maybe confusing HW3 with MCU3 or is this really a limitation?

Boy my experience has been quite the opposite. Two hours on road to Boston and then back, and the auto turn signals worked about 30% of the time. Mostly, after a changed lane, my blinker continued and I needed to manually shut it off. Further, I think the manual shut off is more difficult now that the auto switch has been activated.

This was the one feature in the new holiday download I was actually looking forward to using. Not anymore. This has been the most disappointing holiday update. Truly underwhelming.

Boy my experience has been quite the opposite. Two hours on road to Boston and then back, and the auto turn signals worked about 30% of the time. Mostly, after a changed lane, my blinker continued and I needed to manually shut it off. Further, I think the manual shut off is more difficult now that the auto switch has been activated.

This was the one feature in the new holiday download I was actually looking forward to using. Not anymore. This has been the most disappointing holiday update. Truly underwhelming.

Were you not around for last year's? People were up in arms about the UI changes, raged for weeks/months it seemed. Having the "cards" back for energy usage seems to have quieted the masses finally ;). Very few negative comments this year in comparison, hoping to see for myself shortly.... :(

Have had them in the S for over a year, yes they are great. Try doing a double lane change, they are smart enough to stay on and only turn off when you settle in the lane.
I tried this for fun. Works like a charm. Cool stuff. Only ever seen this on a Mini copper back in 2010. All my other cars weren’t special enough to include this feature.

And look how we admire and fascinate the obvious things we've had in internal combustion cars for a long time
ICE has OTA updates? Cool beans!

The update part is what makes getting features like this so exciting and fun. If it were just a feature that started to appear on new cars then there wouldn't be threads like this or the excitement. I think it's a lot of fun.

Sure, some/most changes are small and perhaps silly or frivolous but they add up: sentry mode, dog mode, sentry mode + external camera views in the app, dog mode + sentry mode, dog mode + internal camera views in the app. I think it's really cool that Tesla is trying to significantly improve the existing fleet with free software updates.

Reactions: buddhafree