Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic volume increases/decrease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see automatic volume increase as road noise increases. Ironically I had this on a Nissan back in '87 and since have had 3 BMWs they all do this. Not a huge issue but the sensory feeling is that the Tesla is much more noisy at speed than the BMW. I now am constantly playing with the thumb wheel at a stop sign then again when rolling at speed. Should be simple software fix and surprised that Tesla didn't do it since its an old feature used on not even necessarily upscale cars.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Anyone else have the music volume increase/decrease with speed? I hate this feature and would love to turn it off. I don't see anything in the settings unless I'm missing it. Anyone know where I can turn this feature off?

As far as I know Model 3s have never had this feature. I owned one for 4 years and it never once did it.

Upvote 0
Anyone else have the music volume increase/decrease with speed? I hate this feature and would love to turn it off. I don't see anything in the settings unless I'm missing it. Anyone know where I can turn this feature off?
My 2020 MY would consistently decrease the music volume when slowing down, but inconsistently increase the volume when speeding up. Completely undocumented behavior but happened regularly. At some point in 2021, it stopped doing it. My 2021 M3 has never done it. (I’m glad, I hate auto-volume-adjust :eek:…)

Reactions: BuckeyeFanMH84
Upvote 0