Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic way to send address from iPhone to Tesla navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I'm using several times per week is the ability to share an address from a contact in the address book on my iPhone to the Tesla navigation system. The process looks like this:
  1. search for the contact in my address book and select it
  2. click on that contact's address
  3. wait while the iPhone switches from the contacts app to the Maps app
  4. scroll down and click Share
  5. scroll the second row of icons over and click Tesla
If I had a magic wand I'd make my phone do this...

I'd say "hey Siri, send directions to Wile E Coyote's house to my Tesla" and my Tesla nav screen is showing me how to get there.

My dream is probably not too far from reality. iPhones have an app called Shortcuts that allow you to create various kinds of automations or macros and they're pretty powerful. I found that someone has already made a script that's pretty close to what I want.

I had to make one modification. Under the Contact section of the script I had to change the variable to Street Address instead of Group. It worked but the last step left me hanging and I still had to pick Tesla from Share menu, I couldn't find a way to automate that part.

Anyone got any ideas?

(How about @DaveW are you still active? You had a thread and it looks like you've done some similar things here iPhone Tesla shortcut icons so I hope you don't mind getting tagged here :D )

One thing I'm using several times per week is the ability to share an address from a contact in the address book on my iPhone to the Tesla navigation system. The process looks like this:

I'd say "hey Siri, send directions to Wile E Coyote's house to my Tesla" and my Tesla nav screen is showing me how to get there.

My dream is probably not too far from reality. iPhones have an app called Shortcuts that allow you to create various kinds of automations or macros and they're pretty powerful. I found that someone has already made a script that's pretty close to what I want.

I had to make one modification. Under the Contact section of the script I had to change the variable to Street Address instead of Group. It worked but the last step left me hanging and I still had to pick Tesla from Share menu, I couldn't find a way to automate that part.

Anyone got any ideas?

(How about @DaveW are you still active? You had a thread and it looks like you've done some similar things here iPhone Tesla shortcut icons so I hope you don't mind getting tagged here :D )
Sorry mate, never had any joy creating shortcuts, the icons were about as far as I got! - We could do with something a bit easier to use like Tasker

Anyone got any ideas?

Lol, Wile E Coyote's house! That made me laugh m. I would like to visit him too.

Reactions: Stuart Watson