Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic window and trunk safety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I walk away, Teslas auto raise the windows, does this happen with the trunk?
If someone's arms or legs were hanging out and the car automatically rolled up the window or closed the trunk, are there any sensors to prevent it from hurting someone?

Doesn't seem like either exists...

From the owner's manual:

Warning
Before closing a window, it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that all occupants, especially children, do not have any body parts extended through the window’s opening. Failure to do so can cause serious injury.

Warning
Before opening or closing the liftgate, check the surrounding area (for people and objects). You must proactively monitor the liftgate to ensure that it does not come into contact with a person or object. Failure to do so may result in damage or injury.

Upvote 0
Doesn't seem like either exists...

From the owner's manual:

Warning
Before closing a window, it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that all occupants, especially children, do not have any body parts extended through the window’s opening. Failure to do so can cause serious injury.

Warning
Before opening or closing the liftgate, check the surrounding area (for people and objects). You must proactively monitor the liftgate to ensure that it does not come into contact with a person or object. Failure to do so may result in damage or injury.
I believe this is called "attorney speak"... or CYA

Upvote 0
I think a firm pillow, pool noodle or an empty cardboard box would be good for this test instead of a board.
Or just push up on it with your hand soon as after you click the button to close. I do it once in a while if I suddenly see something in the way that it might hit and it just stops.

All powered hatches I’ve had did the same thing.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
Upvote 0