Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Window Roll-Up on Walkaway

A refreshed Model S Long Range parked next to me the other day. The driver got out and just walked away. A couple seconds later the windows rolled up, the mirrors folded, and the car locked.

I have a 2021 Long Range Plus, and I’m trying to figure out how to get my windows to do this also when I walk away. My mirrors already fold and the car locks when I walk away.

Do the pre-refresh cars not have this ability? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
“Refresh” model S is vague because people are using the term to describe both the change from nosecone to the non-nosecone circa 2016 as well as the change to the new, Model 3-like architecture that happened with the Plaid release in 2021. The latter has the horizontal screen and the new fog lights.

It sounds like you have the name 2021 but not made in 2021 because if it's made in 2021 it should have that feature as well as key card.

The Oldest model 3 has had those features but the S/X did not until made in 2021.
Correct. 2021 model year but manufactured in 2020. That’s why I said Long Range Plus instead of Long Range, which is the one out now (horizontal screen.)

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
... manufactured in 2020...

I guess the actually-made-year 2012-2020 S/X were influenced by classic ICE so when you turn off the "ignition for gas engine", you just can't roll your powered windows up as you walk away.

But starting with Model 3, the power for powered windows is not shut off when you turn off the "ignition for gas engine" because someone just realize that there is no gasoline in Tesla.

That realization was then applied to Model Y and now, this year 2021, to S and X as well.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC