Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic windshield wiper erratic behavior with software update 2021.4.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the Ranger came yesterday. He confirmed it is a software bug and that Tesla hadn’t seen it before. He offered to do a factory reset and reload if I wanted, but warned that this would erase all my settings- especially Homelink. We decided to wait and see if the next update cleared the problem, and if it doesn’t he will come back and reset. While he calls it a bug, I believe it is a corruption of one of the files. Not a serious problem, as I can always run the lights manually. Unlike what some people say, I have excellent service from Tesla, especially the Rangers, far better than any other company.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Ver. 2021.32.22
10/26/21 Similar bug; very annoying in light mist. If "mode 1" enabled, wipers run intermittently even if windshield dry! Then I have to switch to "off." When mist accumulates, must turn "on"! (On a "normal" car, I could just flick the stalk; on a Tesla this method is not available.) Now that, in CA, seasonal "rain" has resumed, this is a real P___ in the A___!

Strangely, (and I don't think immediately after an update) I got in the car one day and the wiper (which I leave in mode 1) started "wiping" grit over a dirty windshield.

I will make sure my side cameras have cleaned lenses, but I recently had the car washed.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Hello:
After I downloaded the software update 2021.4.15, the automatic windshield wiper turns on without any rain or moisture. Anyone else experiencing the same?
mine seems to be on a go slow --- can be bucketing down and its still thinking about a wipe- resoprted to 4x speed rather than auto --- used to be reliably judged - not just now --- any suggestions?