TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Automatically answer incoming calls

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by STxTesla, Oct 12, 2012.

1. STxTesla

STxTesla Sig #1278

I have a Pioneer AVIC Z140 stereo in my truck and one of the features that I really love is the automatic answering of incoming calls. The feature allows you to choose the number of rings before automatically answering so you can refuse the call if you would like. This would be a great feature because it is totally hands free, (if you accept all incoming calls), and is convenient as it mutes your music just while the telephone call is ongoing. I would really like to see this feature built into future software upgrades.

2. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

I think you can answer with the button under your right thumb, though, so is it really a big savings of effort?

3. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

+1. Not sure I see a benefit here if you can just press a button either way to cancel or accept the call. The button is conveniently located on the steering wheel too, no?

4. STxTesla

STxTesla Sig #1278

I didn't know about the answer button on the steering wheel....that's convenient enough.
    I wonder if the incoming call shows up on the 17" touchscreen?

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

It does (with a button to answer there as well)