Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatically changing lanes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, I admit it didn’t read thru pages and pages of “me too” and “I haven’t gotten it yet” in the 2018.39.7 thread.

That being said, I was under the impression that automatic (NOT by using the turn signal) lane changes were part of the update?

Is that not the case? If so, how do I enable it?

• Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm
The option for auto lane change was never really released. There were some owners who hacked their Tesla's and pulled down releases of v9 that were not official, e.g., 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc. Version 9.5 was the initial first release from Tesla and it did not include the Drive by Nav feature that allowed for automatic lane changes without confirmation.

Does any version of the widely-released v.9 have the drive on NAV which doesn't auto-shift lanes but shows the recommended path and recommends changing lanes (to pass a slower car or to get to an exit)? I thought that was in the release but I don't see it in my car...

I don't think anyone outside the folks that hacked (rooted) their Tesla's have that. That was part of the Drive by Nav feature. When 9.5 released, it did not have the lane change indicator in the driver console display.