TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Automatically start A/C on Auto mode

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 64Driver, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 64Driver

64Driver Member

Having issues with windows fogging up here in the Seattle area. My Volvo will automatically engage A/C when in auto mode. Is there a way to enable this setting so that I don't have to push A/C every time I get in to go drive? I know, first world problems.

Thanks

• Informative x 1
  2. Unique

Unique Member

I believe my M3 is enabled with same settings when I last left the car. If your a/c was set on auto when you left then it should be enabled when you first enter. You could also pre cool with your phone app remotely.

3. 64Driver

64Driver Member

That's a good point about the last settings. Ill have to look into that.

4. KikkoMax

KikkoMax Member

When set to auto, the A/C in my model 3 will go on and off as needed.

5. Unique

Unique Member

it is temperature dependent, if the ambient temp is higher than your set temperature then a/c will cycle on. You should just force the ac remotely long story short.

6. IdaX

IdaX Member

Same problem here; gotta go to Manual mode to leave the A/C on while heating to keep the interior defogged.

7. evannole

evannole Member

Keep AC switched on with the system set to Auto. In five months of ownership, my AC has never switched off, to my knowledge. The compressor runs when it needs to for cooling and/or dehumidification purposes.

8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

yep, just leave the AC on auto and adjust the temp as needed. It has started every time for me in 6 months of ownership.
    I also use the app to preheat if its chilly outside.

9. 64Driver

64Driver Member

doesn't the system switch to manual when the A/C button is pressed?

• Like x 1
  10. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

If you press Auto the A/C button will switch on, the humidity and temperature are controlled automatically. As soon as I press that my windows defog immediately.