TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Automation level 5 unlocked

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Marcboy, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Marcboy

Marcboy Member

I reached a new level of automation in my house. Next step is to summon using Alexa, but I am quite happy with where we are right now.

but not matter how great this is, the scenario is still broken because of the need to plug/unplug charging cable :(

20160318_072341.mp4

• Like x 2
  2. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

i'm considering plugless for wireless charging

3. ElectricTundra

I'll have to see if I can teach my old Stargate new tricks.

4. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

What home automation device are you using?

Thanks Erik

5. Marcboy

Marcboy Member

This is done using an old iPad that I set flush in a wall. I use it to control music, nest, do FaceTime, etc.. And my car;) And I installed the Remote Tesla app on it.

I also have an Exho, but it is not used here.

The car handles the getting out of the garage part once it receives the order from the app.

6. rog

rog Member

You are brave - I'd never let the car do Summon without me standing right next to it.
    Nice integration though - I have a similar setup, using z-wave for automation (controlling roughly 50 devices in my house). I integrated the HVAC function of our Tesla into it, so it pre-heats the car in the morning as soon as I activate the "We will leave the house in 10 minutes" scene. In theory, I could add the summon function there so the car waits outside - but as I said, I don't trust it doing that stunt un-supervised (yet).