TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Automobile Magazine Blog: Tesla Model S and Tesla Lawyer BS

Discussion in 'News' started by Tommy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Tommy

Tommy Member

I think the writer of this blog might be trying to hard to be cleaver:

Tesla Model S and Tesla Lawyer BS - Automobile Magazine Blog

Has a photo of the Alpha I haven't seen before:
    [​IMG]

2. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

A rather shabby effort, this article...as if a skit with actors will even out the damage done by TG's bogus review...it is a very juvenile idea...Elon explained TM's reasons for the court action (posted in another thread)...clean logic imo.

"So many people already distrust Tesla"...really?...news to me...I think more & more folks are learning about TM and trusting them & their products every day.

The author of this "work" must only be exposed to folks who watched the TG Tesla episode (not knowing about the scripted conclusion!) :biggrin::biggrin:

4. strider

strider Active Member

-<shrug>- I did NOT read the article but it sounds similar to what I proposed in the Top Gear thread (create a counter video). IMO Tesla is running away from their silicon valley-ness.

5. William13

William13 Member

Contrary to the implications above, Silicon Valley is full of lawsuits. Sun versus Microsoft. Facebook lawsuits. Everyone vests Google. Google just bought a patent holding company to try to decrease lawsuits against it.

6. strider

strider Active Member

I agree that lawsuits are part of Silicon Valley culture. But they are nearly always patent or licensing disputes. Company A doesn't sue Company B because Company B says in their opinion Company A's products suck. That happens a million times a day between competing sales teams and nearly always with hyped up claims in order to generate FUD yet no one sues because it's a waste of money.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The majority of major Silicon Valley companies we could name have people dedicated to brand protection because the brand has value. When brands lose or gain value, it impacts the stock price. Tesla is doing absolutely the right thing - it's a great way to educate potential investors about the truth of the TG episode. The outcome of the suit is somewhat immaterial, imo.

8. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Tesla Motors is taking the necessary steps to protect its products against falsehoods and misrepresentation and any other company would do the same. And oh... the article was weak.

9. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

That isn't a very good analogy since this is talking about Company A vs the claims of Company B. Usually people don't put as much stock into claims made by a specific company against another, vs having a third party evaluation.

Tesla's situation is claims made by a highly influential publication that are damaging to their company. Not sure if there is a very good parallel there in the tech world (what tech publication has 350 million viewers?) I can think of Engadget but that has only about 10 million per month.

10. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

Lets see it from the point of a good public relation story. tesla gets a lot of attentions without paying a awful amount of money for advertising.