TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Automotive News article on the future of Tesla

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by mattjs33, Jan 16, 2014.

1. mattjs33

mattjs33 Member

It's been many months since I've posted here, but I saw this article in Automotive News last night and I simply had to share. I found it to be a good read, sorry if it's a repost.

Elon Musk talks future of Tesla

Elon grants AN an exclusive interview, and a lot of industry leaders and analyst experts weigh in on what it's going to take for Tesla to make the next leap to volume manufacturing.

What's particularly interesting to me is that so many of the hurdles to large scale success that are mentioned in the article, that Tesla is facing in the very near future, are exactly the same hurdles I had mentioned in years past here on the forum in various posts in different threads regarding the Model S and Tesla's future. So many people back then told me I had no idea what I was talking about.

Not saying anyone's going to be proven right or wrong, but the realities can't be avoided. The next few years ought to be interesting for sure.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

That article's been mentioned here already. The comments from analysts are interesting. Basically, they've said it's going to be hard, because it's always been hard.

It seems it's fortunate that Tesla's building BEVs instead of ICEVs, doing remote software updates, treating servicing as a cost instead of a profit center, has an online sales process instead of dealerships, designed its charging network to be low cost and low maintenance, and is constantly seeking to increase automation in its manufacturing.

3. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37