Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha just a bit of bias in that article.
"Seemingly mundane maneuvers for human drivers, like circling a roundabout, have drawn intense praise from the Tesla owners and friends they've allowed to ride with them."

I'm not sure they've seen the gifs of humans driving cars straight into and over roundabouts.

• Funny
Reactions: WattPwr and helvio
Haha just a bit of bias in that article.
"Seemingly mundane maneuvers for human drivers, like circling a roundabout, have drawn intense praise from the Tesla owners and friends they've allowed to ride with them."

I'm not sure they've seen the gifs of humans driving cars straight into and over roundabouts.

But what is the percentage of human drivers who drive straight into and over roundabouts? I bet it is very small. It is a very mundane maneuver as most drivers handle roundabouts just fine.

But what is the percentage of human drivers who drive straight into and over roundabouts? I bet it is very small. It is a very mundane maneuver as most drivers handle roundabouts just fine.

I think you mentioned in the Waymo thread how self driving cars will eliminate certain classes of accidents like rollovers. I bet driving straight into a roundabout is one of those classes that humans have a higher percentage than most SDC or FSD already.

Personally there is a two lane roundabout near me that I struggle with even though it's mundane. I should be smart enough to stay in the left lane when traveling south every time, but somehow I'm not. Just doesn't seem like roundabouts are a good example for them to be criticizing.
Google Maps

Reactions: WattPwr
I think you mentioned in the Waymo thread how self driving cars will eliminate certain classes of accidents like rollovers. I bet driving straight into a roundabout is one of those classes that humans have a higher percentage than most SDC or FSD already.

Personally there is a two lane roundabout near me that I struggle with even though it's mundane. I should be smart enough to stay in the left lane when traveling south every time, but somehow I'm not. Just doesn't seem like roundabouts are a good example for them to be criticizing.
Google Maps

Fair enough. I am sure there are more mundane maneuvers than roundabouts. And yes, I expect AVs will not drive in and over roundabouts as often as humans do.