Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Driving Fail #2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, this is my 2nd fail video unfortunately. I was driving about 60 mph on La Cienega in Los Angeles with autopilot engaged and my car failed to slow down upon reaching the stopped traffic. Interesting that the van that is stopped was white (Maybe my car didn't see it). I love this company but these issues need to be addressed. How do I get this video to Tesla?

I am driving a HW2 Model X 90D

...How do I get this video to Tesla?

You can go to generic contact page and place your link there.

Tesla engineers will get back to you if they see something.

Most likely, they won't in your case.

If you go to your Owner's Manual and search for the term "stationary vehicles", your case is already described in there.

It's a beta program and Tesla will fix it but we won't know how soon.

Hey guys, this is my 2nd fail video unfortunately. I was driving about 60 mph on La Cienega in Los Angeles with autopilot engaged and my car failed to slow down upon reaching the stopped traffic. Interesting that the van that is stopped was white (Maybe my car didn't see it). I love this company but these issues need to be addressed. How do I get this video to Tesla?

Maybe going 62mph (102kph in video) in a 35mph zone isn't a good idea with auto-pilot?

Isn't that another reason for the car to slow down? It reads the speed limits and adjusts accordingly.

1. Its not autonomous. Please read the manual and act responsibly or you or someone will get hurt or killed.

2. You are responsible at all times for the operation of the vehicle. While AP might seem like its a toy, it isn't. Use it properly. You can't rely on it at all.

Isn't that another reason for the car to slow down? It reads the speed limits and adjusts accordingly.

No reading going on just yet. I think there is a valid reason your wife/sig other squawked at you. It's not a video game. A Tesla is a very heavy car. Used incorrectly or unsafely by driver......Well it kills just like the rest of them.

It's scary to think there's people like the OP out there driving over 60/mph in a 35/mph zone and then blaming AP for his reckless behaviour. Just watching him race by the flow of traffic doing the speed limit was hard to watch. Our families are on the same roads as this bozo who expects AP to watch out for him when it's the other way around.

FCW/AEB should have been screaming bloody murder and nailing the binders. Those are not autonomy systems, they are always on. They are standard equipment on all modern Teslas. Or am I missing something?

Alex, the "A" in "AP" does not stand for "Autonomous".

"AutoPilot" is not "autonomous driving". I recommend you read the Tesla owner's manual and properly understand how to use AutoPilot. And definitely do not use it on roads with cross traffic. Please. For the safety of those around you. Thank you.