Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomy Investor Day - April 22 at 2pm ET

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the action of the new Tesla chip will be shown as to what it can do! I think they need to start placing some new energy in other vehicle markets! The model Y is on the way, what’s up with the truck, pick up truck, and tradesman Van etc.....! They hold the market now, if they start raising a little bit of capital to make it happen, I am cool with it! Take full control of the market now while others are bullshiting and still thinking about electric!

Reactions: diplomat33
I'm surprised it's during the light of day. Maybe we should have some pretty big expectations :)

Haha, it's in the middle of the day because that is when the system will have the least difficulty operating. All autonomous systems have increased difficulty during Dawn/dusk due to the angle of the light coming in. Mid day means lines are clear, signs don't have glare etc etc. It's at this time because it presentation the least chance for error of the system.

My bet at least....

Sure hope they do more as I will promptly plop down the $5k for FSD if they can give reviewers cars and reliably do even L3 over ~60% of roadways. Basically interstates and other 4 lane controlled access roads.

Haha, it's in the middle of the day because that is when the system will have the least difficulty operating. All autonomous systems have increased difficulty during Dawn/dusk due to the angle of the light coming in. Mid day means lines are clear, signs don't have glare etc etc. It's at this time because it presentation the least chance for error of the system.

Ironically, I remember a poster suggesting the opposite that it would not be during the day because Tesla does not want people to easily be able to see when the car makes a mistake.

Ironically, I remember a poster suggesting the opposite that it would not be during the day because Tesla does not want people to easily be able to see when the car makes a mistake.
Mistakes will be obvious... Darkness won't hide if the car aborts a lane change, hits the brakes when it shouldn't, misreads a sign etc etc.... There is a definite reason this event is at this time and I highly doubt that it's anything but to the system's advantage to have it then. If it's not then they are not allowing people to actually demo the system.

The only other reason I can think of is that the market is still open during that time. Don't think that Musk doesn't have an eye or two on TSLA movements....

Reactions: croman
It means he has a bridge to sell you.

Or if you believe that, also some ocean front property in Kansas for dirt cheap.

If you still don't get it, well then you never will and you probably pay way too much for everything.
Thanks for explaining. Obviously you don't get it either.

Tesla billed this as an investor day. So its for investors. Op was saying whats the use of this - and he will wait for the day he gets it in this car. But the day is for investors - who want to know whats coming in years ahead - not for car owners some of who may be interested only in what they can got in the short term.

In other words, if you are not an investor, this is not for you. If you are investor - esp. options, it would be useful to know what they may show.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Thanks for explaining. Obviously you don't get it either.

Tesla billed this as an investor day. So its for investors. Op was saying whats the use of this - and he will wait for the day he gets it in this car. But the day is for investors - who want to know whats coming in years ahead - not for car owners some of who may be interested only in what they can got in the short term.

In other words, if you are not an investor, this is not for you. If you are investor - esp. options, it would be useful to know what they may show.

Except the guy you quoted wasn't the OP.....

Further he said "If you invested and think the shiny things to see are real, well, I have a really nice bridge." Meaning if you invested and believed all the shiny sugar Musk sold you then he has a bridge....

Anyway... Maybe the guy who said it can clarify... @croman ??

Further he said "If you invested and think the shiny things to see are real, well, I have a really nice bridge." Meaning if you invested and believed all the shiny sugar Musk sold you then he has a bridge....

Anyway... Maybe the guy who said it can clarify... @croman ??

If people like me didn't invest in Tesla based on "shiny sugar Musk sold you", none of us would be driving Tesla cars today.