TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autonomy Investor Day - April 22 at 2pm ET

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by diplomat33, Apr 19, 2019.

1. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

The event will be livestreamed on youtube here on April 22 at 2pm ET:

Let's discuss the event in this thread.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. mikneyah

mikneyah Member

I believe the action of the new Tesla chip will be shown as to what it can do! I think they need to start placing some new energy in other vehicle markets! The model Y is on the way, what’s up with the truck, pick up truck, and tradesman Van etc.....! They hold the market now, if they start raising a little bit of capital to make it happen, I am cool with it! Take full control of the market now while others are bullshiting and still thinking about electric!

• Like x 1
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Can any shareholder just show up or this is for special kind of investors only?

• Like x 2
  4. DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla Member

I'm surprised it's during the light of day. Maybe we should have some pretty big expectations :)

5. tyson

tyson Member

Haha, it's in the middle of the day because that is when the system will have the least difficulty operating. All autonomous systems have increased difficulty during Dawn/dusk due to the angle of the light coming in. Mid day means lines are clear, signs don't have glare etc etc. It's at this time because it presentation the least chance for error of the system.

My bet at least....

Sure hope they do more as I will promptly plop down the $5k for FSD if they can give reviewers cars and reliably do even L3 over ~60% of roadways. Basically interstates and other 4 lane controlled access roads.

6. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

Ironically, I remember a poster suggesting the opposite that it would not be during the day because Tesla does not want people to easily be able to see when the car makes a mistake.

7. tyson

tyson Member

Mistakes will be obvious... Darkness won't hide if the car aborts a lane change, hits the brakes when it shouldn't, misreads a sign etc etc.... There is a definite reason this event is at this time and I highly doubt that it's anything but to the system's advantage to have it then. If it's not then they are not allowing people to actually demo the system.

The only other reason I can think of is that the market is still open during that time. Don't think that Musk doesn't have an eye or two on TSLA movements....

• Like x 1
  8. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

I’m sure whatever we see will be impressive. But then again so was the 2016 demo so yea...

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. croman

croman Active Member

Who cares until we get it? It's all fluff and show. Seen this movie already before. Wake me when it's in my car.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Investors ? Afterall it is for investors ...

11. croman

croman Active Member

If you invested and think the shiny things to see are real, well, I have a really nice bridge.

12. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

What does that even mean ?

• Funny x 1
  13. tyson

tyson Member

It means he has a bridge to sell you.

Or if you believe that, also some ocean front property in Kansas for dirt cheap.

If you still don't get it, well then you never will and you probably pay way too much for everything.

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  14. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Thanks for explaining. Obviously you don't get it either.

Tesla billed this as an investor day. So its for investors. Op was saying whats the use of this - and he will wait for the day he gets it in this car. But the day is for investors - who want to know whats coming in years ahead - not for car owners some of who may be interested only in what they can got in the short term.

In other words, if you are not an investor, this is not for you. If you are investor - esp. options, it would be useful to know what they may show.

• Informative x 1
  15. tyson

tyson Member

Except the guy you quoted wasn't the OP.....

16. tyson

tyson Member

Further he said "If you invested and think the shiny things to see are real, well, I have a really nice bridge." Meaning if you invested and believed all the shiny sugar Musk sold you then he has a bridge....

Anyway... Maybe the guy who said it can clarify... @croman ??

17. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Original Poster that I replied to <> thread originator.

18. tyson

tyson Member

OP is original post... Not "whatever I replied to"... In any case he can clarify what he or she meant

19. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

If people like me didn't invest in Tesla based on "shiny sugar Musk sold you", none of us would be driving Tesla cars today.

• Like x 3
  20. rainforest

rainforest Member

I actually think that this investor day was arranged by TESLA because they had to show something positive prior to the terrible Q1 numbers that will be released two days later. Just a thought that I haven’t heard anybody mention.

• Like x 2