Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark broken in 2021.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the parallel parking mode of autopark is broken or disabled in 2021.44.30.

Doesn't even spot spaces now, let alone attempt to park in them. Spent ages playing around in local car park after it failed to recognise the space outside my house it's spent the last four months parking itself in perfectly.

The camera based system for bay parking is pretty good provided there isn't a pedestrian walking anywhere within about twenty miles of the car.

Could someone else with EAP please have a go with their car and let me know if it works for them before I go about booking a service centre appointment?

Edit: OK, so it's not broken but I think it's using the vision system for both. If there's a clearly defined pavement edge or white line it'll recognise a space between two cars, or after one car. If there's no edge (ie, a wall or something), you're out of luck. Bit annoying but I suppose it matches the owner's guide now where it says that it won't work against a wall.

Last edited:
Probably not the right thread but my early views on vision only autopark are that like every other bit of software, it’s a work in progress.
I’ve tried it out in Morrison’s car park several times and given about ten adjacent empty bays, I start the process but have no idea where it’s going to park. Twice it picked the only bay with a lamppost at the end of the bay which, because it was within the lines, the car had no intention of stopping for it!. i’d like to be offered a choice of bay. Since I stopped the car in the right place for another bay, I can’t understand why it reversed back to the one with a lamppost!

Reactions: squarepeg77
I've never had Autopark find a bay to park in before I started the parking manoeuvre. Usually it detects I'm about to reverse into a bay when I'm in reverse, and it continues from there. Same thing for me with vision based Autopark. It worked fine the few times I used it like this, except when there's activity around (people, other cars waiting). Then it starts to slow down.

Auto Park Is broken. I have a message from Tesla when I asked them about it.
---->
Good morning Ian, thank you for the additional information. I can see no hardware issues at your provided time stamp and all cameras report a clear view.

Starting with firmware 2021.44.6, Auotpark has changed and reports suggest that parallel parking capabilities have reduced. This will improve with future updates. Thank you for your patience in the mean time.

Is there any further I can assist you with?

Kind regards,
Rob. Tesla Service.

Auto Park Is broken. I have a message from Tesla when I asked them about it.
---->
Good morning Ian, thank you for the additional information. I can see no hardware issues at your provided time stamp and all cameras report a clear view.

Starting with firmware 2021.44.6, Auotpark has changed and reports suggest that parallel parking capabilities have reduced. This will improve with future updates. Thank you for your patience in the mean time.

Is there any further I can assist you with?

Kind regards,
Rob. Tesla Service.
There was a sizeable change to autopark at about that time when it stopped relying on there being cars either side of the space and started reading the lines on the floor instead. However, it now seems to be entirely reliant on the quality of those lines, which basically excludes most of the outdoor car parks around here.

I've only managed to get mine to parallel park twice on my road, both times on version 2022.4.x and both times required quite a large gap. Even when it did find a space I noticed no P sign pop up, I had to presume and the button to start autopark popped up when I shifted to reverse (as is the expected behaviour). No white lines, just the kerb, pavement and a low level wall. However, since upgrading to 2022.8.x no luck. Not tried perpendicular parking yet so can't comment on that.