Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark - Doesn't see many spots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Perpendicular
2) Yes, below 10mph
3) Sometimes
4) No
5) Yes.. and sometimes I put it in reverse after passing a spot just to be sure.

:)
3 - it only works when there are ALWAYS 2 cars (or like a car and a garage column, etc.). It can't see the spaces if there are either no cars, or only 1 car.

4 - only applies to parallel parking.

i'm having the same problem with our new car. i parallel park 5 days a week when i take my little ones to school and street park. can someone explain in very simple terms how to get it to show P on the dash?

actually, two times i did see the P pop up on the screen just for a second, but then i creeped a little forward and it disappeared :(

maybe i am rolling too fast or not close enough to the cars along the curb, but so far i have parallel parked on my own each time in the last two weeks ...

are you supposed to have your right turn signal on so that it "looks" for spaces? i think that might be how it works in our mercedes but i can barely get that one to trigger either, usually because it requires a large enough space, which then defeats the purpose of auto parallel parking because the space is easy enough for me to get into myself!!!

I haven't used it much, but I think the only time I have noticed the "P" available for use is AFTER I've selected a suitable bay, stopped and selected Reverse and THEN I have been given the parking-bay open and pressed that.

The "P" might have been there before I selected Reverse, and I just never noticed it

I had the same problem and then read in the manual that there is a calibration period that has to go by before auto-park is 100% active. I'm not sure what factors contribute to the calibration but in about a month the P started appearing more often for auto park.