TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Autopark failure & recent lack of key fob sensitivity to open.

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Fabfours, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Fabfours

Fabfours New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Having taken delivery of my lovely new S85-D I'm delighted with the drive and the finish of the car, but I have a problem with the Autopark facility!:smile:

Each time I tried to park my 'Titanium Bronze' S85 it either cancels out halfway through the manoeuver, or it doesn't turn into selected space, but keeps on reversing in a straight line. I reported this last week, but no-one has rung me back from technical support! So I'm wondering if Autopark works correctly in your model? :confused:
  2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Congratulations on the purchase of your Model S. Share with us the conditions of where you park your "S". Is the space on an incline? How's the surface of the parking space? Is it concrete, gravel or some other material?
  3. PaulR

PaulR Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Don't have enough information about the parking problem to help you yet, but the key fob sensitivity could be from interference.

Do you have another key fob for another type of car, or your cell phone nearby (maybe in the same pocket?)

I found that my BMW key and the Tesla key fob would not work or would be erratic when they were in the same pocket. When I moved the BMW key fob to the other pocket and left the Tesla alone it solved the problem. Also found the iPhone would do the same if in the same pocket or too close.

Also, make sure you have a fresh battery in the Tesla fob.
  4. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Herts, UK
    Autopark - Has it calibrated itself yet? MW