Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark feature missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a few questions. I’m hoping someone can help.
I just picked up a used car recently. 2017 (early model) Model S 90D w fsd purchased.
1-Not sure why autopark is missing.
I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.
-I’m also not finding the function to add a keycard anywhere, including the app.
-Additional vehicle information does not show what computer number the car has. 2.0 or 2.5?
-how could I get cameras upgraded as well as the 3.0 computer to be able to get fsd beta?
Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1856B150-2288-4CA0-882F-8E948608356E.jpeg
    1856B150-2288-4CA0-882F-8E948608356E.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 210
Hey @Murt, welcome to TMC and congrats on your new [to you] Model S!!!
Not sure why autopark is missing.

Autopark doesn't have a button to press or a switch you turn on to activate it. It has certain parameters that need to be met in order for the prompt to automatically appear on the Instrument Cluster and the MCU screen.

In my experience, Autopark is not very useful. It takes a LONG time to perform the parking maneuvers, (both parallel and perpendicular), and it does the job in 198 moves... so don't get your hopes up. You can find out how to engage and how it works here in the Owners Manual.

I’m also not finding the function to add a keycard anywhere

There's no key card for your Model S. They can only be used in Model 3/Y and Palladium Model S/X (the ones with the horizontal screen).

does not show what computer number the car has. 2.0 or 2.5?

At some point Tesla decided that the Autopilot computer numbers would be confusing for the "regular people", and they started to name the computer by its functionality, so in your case, you have the Full Self-Driving Computer, which is Autopilot 3.0. This brings me to your last question:

how could I get cameras upgraded as well as the 3.0 computer to be able to get fsd beta?

The good news is that you already have the Autopilot 3.0 computer. The bad news is that looking at the firmware version on your Model S, you have MCU1, (you can corroborate this by looking at the "Infotainment Processor" in the Additional Vehicle Information section where NVIDIA Tegra is MCU1 and Intel Atom is MCU2).

In order to [currently] get FSD Beta, you need MCU2. You also need MCU2 to request the free camera upgrade with your local Service Center. Tesla mentioned that someday in who knows when, FSD will be available for MCU1 vehicles, (just without the nice color visualizations in the Instrument Cluster), but many here on TMC speculate that this may never happen. Who knows🤷‍♂️.

To find out more about the MCU Upgrade and the Free Camera Upgrade (scroll down to the bottom), check the links above.

Last edited:
Reactions: KalJoMoS
Art, I appreciate the detailed answers. It was very helpful in helping me understand my concerns. It did lead me to another question.
If I were to purchase the infotainment upgrade, would that mean I’d get the MCU2 and fulfilling the requirements to the camera upgrades and FSD beta?

Art, I appreciate the detailed answers. It was very helpful in helping me understand my concerns. It did lead me to another question.
If I were to purchase the infotainment upgrade, would that mean I’d get the MCU2 and fulfilling the requirements to the camera upgrades and FSD beta?
Yes, if you purchase the infotainment upgrade/MCU2 and get your cameras upgraded, you would be eligible for FSD beta.

If I were to purchase the infotainment upgrade, would that mean I’d get the MCU2

That's correct!

Sorry for the confusion. MCU stands for Media Control Unit and it's the term used internally by Tesla, but outside it's called the Infotainment unit. Both terms refer to the same hardware component. In other words, if you get the Infotainment Upgrade you get the MCU Upgrade.