TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AutoPark from half way in?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by shawn_, Jul 1, 2018.

1. shawn_

shawn_ Member

So today I was trying to perpendicular autopark in a lot and my M3 did not recognize the spot so I got impatient and starting backing into the spot manually using the backup camera ... then I noticed the "Autopark Ready" button appeared on the screen ... so of course I hit it. Sure enough the car recognized the spot I was half way in and continued the autopark as normal. Is this a new feature or did I run into some glitch? Anybody else have this experience?

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

My Model 3 has offered to auto park when I’m already part way into the parking space several times over the past few software versions. Auto park definitely has a ways to go for improvement...

3. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I noticed that I have to drive pass the parking space before my car recognize it. I wished it would see the spot faster because if someone is behind you they will take the spot.

Auto park has worked great for me when I've used it though.

4. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

I’ve never driven a model 3, but I have test driven a model S.

During the test drive, we tried the auto park. It also didn’t recognize the spot initially.
    After moving around a few times, it did and then worked really well.

Still needs some work I guess for both models.

But, that’s one of the very best things about Tesla over every other car.
    They can work on these things, you’re not stuck with a problem.

I love that.

5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

"Auto park from halfway in" ???

[​IMG]