Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark from half way in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I was trying to perpendicular autopark in a lot and my M3 did not recognize the spot so I got impatient and starting backing into the spot manually using the backup camera ... then I noticed the "Autopark Ready" button appeared on the screen ... so of course I hit it. Sure enough the car recognized the spot I was half way in and continued the autopark as normal. Is this a new feature or did I run into some glitch? Anybody else have this experience?

My Model 3 has offered to auto park when I’m already part way into the parking space several times over the past few software versions. Auto park definitely has a ways to go for improvement...

I noticed that I have to drive pass the parking space before my car recognize it. I wished it would see the spot faster because if someone is behind you they will take the spot.

Auto park has worked great for me when I've used it though.

I noticed that I have to drive pass the parking space before my car recognize it. I wished it would see the spot faster because if someone is behind you they will take the spot.

Auto park has worked great for me when I've used it though.

I’ve never driven a model 3, but I have test driven a model S.

During the test drive, we tried the auto park. It also didn’t recognize the spot initially.
After moving around a few times, it did and then worked really well.

Still needs some work I guess for both models.

But, that’s one of the very best things about Tesla over every other car.
They can work on these things, you’re not stuck with a problem.

I love that.

"Auto park from halfway in" ???

m0115.gif