Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark not working, firmware issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - the purpose of this thread is to enter into the digital universe what happened with my Model 3's autopark and how Tesla fixed it. I think it could save someone a bit of confusion if it happens to them.

In March, my car stopped going the grey "p" when it identified a suitable parking spot in which it would be able to auto park itself. I live and work mostly in Manhattan, so I use it quite a bit. I'm also very good at parking so when it stop working, I wasn't loosing my mind and though it would be straightened out in the next update. It wasn't. I thought someone had bumped me or the snow was messing with the sensors. No to both of those as well.

I do remember a period for about two days when my parking sensors were unavailable. The car was covered in salt and road grim and it resolved itself after a wash and a night asleep in the garage. Autopark still didn't work.

Finally I brought it to Tesla. They thought I didn't know was I was doing, but quickly realised something was strange and malfunctioning. Never bring them a problem that's intermittent. Basically they found some corrupt firmware in the car and had to install an older version before reinstalling the current version.

They had the car for a month and here were the repair order notes:

Concern: customer states: Auto park not working anymore. I believe one of the rear parking sensors is malfunctioning. Was displaying an error about a week ago, but not anymoreVerified the customers concern. While driving and attempting to auto park the icon dose not appear to activate the system. Upon inspection found the park module would not configure correctly when waking from sleep mode. Used a memorater and recorded the communication network while testing different firmware on the park module. After testing with the enginers set the firmware verison back to the original configuration and the system is now working as designed. Tested the auto park feature multiple times in different parking spots to verify the system is working correctly. Over the Air Fix. Verified Proper Operation.

Correction: General Diagnosis'
Correction: Applique - B-Pillar - RH (Remove & Replace)Parts Replaced or AddedPartQuantityLHD-ASY M3 B PILLAR APPLIQUE RH(1109255-00-G)1.0
Correction: Perform Validation Test Drive
Correction: Drive Cycle Calibration - Forward Facing Camera
Correction: Sensor - Radar - Front (Calibration)
Correction: Update Firmware v48.x for Model 3 Vehicles
Correction: Vehicle Configuration UpdateCorrection: Map Files (Update)

Hopefully this pops up in a Google result to someone befuddled by the same problem.

Thanks!

Hi all - the purpose of this thread is to enter into the digital universe what happened with my Model 3's autopark and how Tesla fixed it. I think it could save someone a bit of confusion if it happens to them.

In March, my car stopped going the grey "p" when it identified a suitable parking spot in which it would be able to auto park itself. I live and work mostly in Manhattan, so I use it quite a bit. I'm also very good at parking so when it stop working, I wasn't loosing my mind and though it would be straightened out in the next update. It wasn't. I thought someone had bumped me or the snow was messing with the sensors. No to both of those as well.

I do remember a period for about two days when my parking sensors were unavailable. The car was covered in salt and road grim and it resolved itself after a wash and a night asleep in the garage. Autopark still didn't work.

Finally I brought it to Tesla. They thought I didn't know was I was doing, but quickly realised something was strange and malfunctioning. Never bring them a problem that's intermittent. Basically they found some corrupt firmware in the car and had to install an older version before reinstalling the current version.

They had the car for a month and here were the repair order notes:

Concern: customer states: Auto park not working anymore. I believe one of the rear parking sensors is malfunctioning. Was displaying an error about a week ago, but not anymoreVerified the customers concern. While driving and attempting to auto park the icon dose not appear to activate the system. Upon inspection found the park module would not configure correctly when waking from sleep mode. Used a memorater and recorded the communication network while testing different firmware on the park module. After testing with the enginers set the firmware verison back to the original configuration and the system is now working as designed. Tested the auto park feature multiple times in different parking spots to verify the system is working correctly. Over the Air Fix. Verified Proper Operation.

Correction: General Diagnosis'
Correction: Applique - B-Pillar - RH (Remove & Replace)Parts Replaced or AddedPartQuantityLHD-ASY M3 B PILLAR APPLIQUE RH(1109255-00-G)1.0
Correction: Perform Validation Test Drive
Correction: Drive Cycle Calibration - Forward Facing Camera
Correction: Sensor - Radar - Front (Calibration)
Correction: Update Firmware v48.x for Model 3 Vehicles
Correction: Vehicle Configuration UpdateCorrection: Map Files (Update)

Hopefully this pops up in a Google result to someone befuddled by the same problem.

Thanks!
I'm having same issue on 2021 Model S I received a couple weeks ago. Autopilot works fine. I did soft reboot and calibrated cameras again. Still doesn't work. they are researching this and hopefully can figure it out.

Reactions: chdavis