Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark People!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me out, I keep checking to see if the Model Y has Autopark as a standard. I did not buy the "Full Self Drive" and I'm starting to think maybe that is the reason I can't get Autopark to work.

I saw a few videos on YouTube and people show you how to use it but fail to mention if it's standard or if you need to purchase the "Full Self Drive". Bummer if I have to spend another 10K for it, seems like a fun feature. I've seen all the videos on how to do perpendicular parking to parallel parking. I drove up next to cars to parallel park, but the "P" never showed up on the screen.

I have a 2021 model, just picked it up on Sunday, does anyone know if Auto park is standard? I hear mixed information on the Internet.

I stand by my statement that Tesla would sell a bunch more FSD upgrades/subscriptions if they enabled autopark at/near superchargers. It would also lead to less annoyance when someone parks so poorly that they block the next stall.
I stand guilty of that tonight, it was my first time I charged at a super charger. I did not realize how far I was over. I backed in directly behind it, the cable wouldn’t reach. I jumped backed in the car and moved a little too much to the right. I came back out after 35 minutes and noticed someone on the A terminal, I was on B. I looked at his car and I started to wonder if I caused a chain of events or if I looked like a jack ass. He was in fine and was connected , but I tried to compare my park job compared to his. I was too embarrassed to stare too long,

10k is steep, but I’ll buy it someday. I just don’t see how a subscription makes sense, I’d rather buy it out right than have it for a month, then not have it the next month. If it was 5K, I’d buy it tonight.
So 199.00 a month, that’s 2,300.00 annually. 5 years, that’s 11k. I guess if I were to sell the car later, it would be more attractive to someone who might want a used Tesla. But not sure about the ROI.

I definitely can’t imagine paying $10k for it as-is, or even subscribing for any significant period of time. Autopark is nice, lane change is nice, and the rest… ?

I have a 1,200 mile trip coming up in the spring, though, and I might subscribe for a month to ease the road fatigue a bit. I took my wife’s Rogue on a ~1,400 mile trip a few months ago, and the Nissan equivalent (which is not too far beyond standard/free autopilot in terms of features) really made both the long stretches and the traffic jams more bearable.

Reactions: jsight
I definitely can’t imagine paying $10k for it as-is, or even subscribing for any significant period of time. Autopark is nice, lane change is nice, and the rest… ?

I have a 1,200 mile trip coming up in the spring, though, and I might subscribe for a month to ease the road fatigue a bit. I took my wife’s Rogue on a ~1,400 mile trip a few months ago, and the Nissan equivalent (which is not too far beyond standard/free autopilot in terms of features) really made both the long stretches and the traffic jams more bearable.
I wish Autopilot would not request a slight movement on the wheel every 30 to 60 seconds. Especially if I’m not changing lanes and going with the flow of traffic in the first lane.

also, why can’t they sell the features individually. Like, sell me auto park for less where I don’t need FSD. Or sell me only FSD without auto park.
Maybe they’ll change things up in the future.

Reactions: tweaker
I wonder about FSD - I mean the less you do something , the more out of practice you get

It's a good idea and some day probably all vehicles will have it and it'll be a requirement for driving on the Interstate, but I'm way too cheap frugal to do it now

I have FSD - but I have yet to see auto park ever appear AND if I try to do the double click in park to have it pull into my garage, it does nothing.

What am I doing wrong - or is this all because im still on 3.106?
For perpendicular parking, you need cars on either side of the empty parking space for it to work. The ultrasonic sensors need to detect the other cars in order to park the car. Hopefully this limitation will get removed when they upgrade Autopark to vision only in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: AquaY
For perpendicular parking, you need cars on either side of the empty parking space for it to work. The ultrasonic sensors need to detect the other cars in order to park the car. Hopefully this limitation will get removed when they upgrade Autopark to vision only in the future.Wh
Thanks - I have been in plenty of situations that would qualify - but I feel like something is strange in that I also can't do the auto park summon into the garage. I click twice and it literally does nothing.

Thanks - I have been in plenty of situations that would qualify - but I feel like something is strange in that I also can't do the auto park summon into the garage. I click twice and it literally does nothing.
The problem is that it also aligns based on them. If they parked a little crooked or off center, you will be crooked or off center too.

Its algorithm is designed to scare you too.

This actually ended up being my second least favorite feature of fsd when I tried it.

Honestly autopark is implemented badly enough that I wouldn't call it nice.
+1 - I did something similar on a long trip recently. Well worth it, imo, though not for around town.

Reactions: Darblish
The problem is that it also aligns based on them. If they parked a little crooked or off center, you will be crooked or off center too.

Its algorithm is designed to scare you too.

This actually ended up being my second least favorite feature of fsd when I tried it.
OK but my real question is.. im trying to figure out if the version of my software or whatever is preventing me from getting the feature. It may be terrible, but if I double click the park button it should be offering up auto park into my garage. I get that people think it stinks - but I'm trying to figure out why I can't even get the option for it.