Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark People!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK but my real question is.. im trying to figure out if the version of my software or whatever is preventing me from getting the feature. It may be terrible, but if I double click the park button it should be offering up auto park into my garage. I get that people think it stinks - but I'm trying to figure out why I can't even get the option for it.
It doesn’t auto park in to garage. You can do summon but that takes more effort than doing it yourself at least for me.

Reactions: Mike_TV and jsight
OK but my real question is.. im trying to figure out if the version of my software or whatever is preventing me from getting the feature. It may be terrible, but if I double click the park button it should be offering up auto park into my garage. I get that people think it stinks - but I'm trying to figure out why I can't even get the option for it.
I don't think it offers it for a garage. For a regular spot, you drive really slowly by the eligible space. You also have to be within about 30" as at has to be close enough to see the cars with sonar. Basically if you aren't uncomfortably close, you are too far. You also have to pass the space more than might be obvious.

Then, if you are really lucky, you will see a P icon in the space and can tap that to start the maneuver.

• Informative
Reactions: SPACE_EX
maybe worth checking to see what the continuous press option is set to - it needs to be "No"
From the center screen.... Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press

Its technically a summon rather than an auto park so isn't where you'd expect it to be ;)

maybe worth checking to see what the continuous press option is set to - it needs to be "No"
From the center screen.... Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press

Its technically a summon rather than an auto park so isn't where you'd expect it to be ;)
Hmm. This is what I'm talking about PreviewPreview4:47My car just parked by itself in my garage!!! | Summon Autopark ...YouTube · Cf TeslaFeb 8, 2020

Well... My car just updated to 2021.32.10 so we will see if its a software thing!

if you mean auto park where you are pulling forward into a tight space it does work with FSD.
pull up to the parking space put the car in park. Then double click the button. But you need to put the car into park first and Then it pops up on screen and you can press the forward or back button. It’s summon wrapped up an autopark form. 2A0C8668-65BA-436F-A760-AF9E0328FF7A.jpeg

It’s garbage anyway. It barely works and is very buggy. You’re not missing much.
I second this. FSD (and it’s bonus features) are such a scam. Summon is only useful if you want to move the car forward or backwards about 20 ft. Otherwise it’s heart attack inducing. Auto park barely works and that’s if you’re lucky enough to have the system prompt you for a spot.

I second this. FSD (and it’s bonus features) are such a scam. Summon is only useful if you want to move the car forward or backwards about 20 ft. Otherwise it’s heart attack inducing. Auto park barely works and that’s if you’re lucky enough to have the system prompt you for a spot.
OTOH, I did really like the lane change support. Not enough to pay that much for it, but it was really nice to have.

At least when it didn't randomly jerk you back in the original lane for no reason.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
OTOH, I did really like the lane change support. Not enough to pay that much for it, but it was really nice to have.

At least when it didn't randomly jerk you back in the original lane for no reason.
I agree. The only real benefit with the FSD package (or subscription) is the fact that you can change lanes without having to restart AP. The green light reminder is also cool. But, these two features aren’t worth $10k or $200/month.

I feel scammed.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
I wound up having to schedule service. Tesla couldn't figure out why it didn't work.

I know a lot of people don't think FSD isn't worth it - but that wasn't my question. I think it will be worth it in the long run AND there is no sales tax on EV purchases in NJ so I opted to get it upfront and avoid sales tax. I personally think the investment is worth it. My question was more about how to get the auto park to work - which it isn't working. I think having it auto park into my garage, etc is pretty cool.

Texas has no State income tax - but they certainly make up for it in local property taxes

They can be eye watering - in fact our neighbourhood is being gentrified and the new houses are all 4000 ft2 and up and have 7 figure price tags. Two years of property taxes on one of those will buy you a Y

• Informative
Reactions: WhiteWi
I agree. The only real benefit with the FSD package (or subscription) is the fact that you can change lanes without having to restart AP. The green light reminder is also cool. But, these two features aren’t worth $10k or $200/month.

I feel scammed.
I do like auto lane change for this reason. I figure I will just buy autopilot for one month any time I'm going on a long trip so that I can have auto lane change. The rest of the FSD features are garbage, as others have noted. Charging $10k for this garbage is shameful.