Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark - Warning when Parallel Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3P about three weeks ago and have been obsessive about ensuring I don't Kerb the wheels. Today, I used AutoPark to parallel park at the exact location I have used many times in my old M3LR without any drama. The kerb is slightly higher than normal at about 25cm or just under 9" but as I say, never a problem...until today. In AutoPark instructions, it specifically states the kerb must be distinctive and this one certainly is. There's no other way to put it, the car just reversed straight into the kerb. Because the kerb is slightly high, the result is a scrape on the bottom of the rear skirt just behind the wheel. Fortunately, it can't really be seen and I can probably rub it down and add some touch-up. However, my faith in Tesla has taken another knocking. There was no warning, no opportunity to take control - it just didn't work. I'm very disappointed.

I find travelling in my M3P very relaxing and soothing when I'm driving. Pretty much the complete opposite of when the car is 'in control', when I spend the trip on defcon 5 scanning for all the things that are going to need an intervention...