TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopark with a trailer hitch installed?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by icantdrawanime, Oct 1, 2018.

1. icantdrawanime

Has anyone had any experience with auto-park with a trailer hitch? I'm wondering if the hitch that sticks out half a foot from the car will be a problem for the auto park mechanism. I don't want to find out the hard way that the auto park mechanism pulls the car in too close to neighboring cars...

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine how a hitch could be a problem when using Auto Park since it is in the middle of the bumper and only sticks out about 6”. Consider that the parking sensors alert like crazy when you get within 12” of something they detect.

But just because I “can’t imagine” a problem doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen. The parking sensors aren’t infallible.

• Like x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

I thought that there was some tolerances that you could set for the summon/autopark feature.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes for Summon, no for Auto Park. Those are two separate features.

I recommend you read the Model X owners manual. It has the answer to that question and many others. For Auto Park, see pages 64 - 65. For Summon see pages 98 - 99.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf