Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I got my Model 3 AWD Performance yesterday. Beautiful car and I love it!

I can't get AutoPark to work. What I mean is, it doesn't show me the "Parking Spot" for me to move into. Is there a trick to enable the feature?

Other Autopilot features seem to work. Cruise Control, AutoSteer, Lane Changes seem to work. But, Auto Park doesn't seem available.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Mohan
PS: Did I just miss the free super-charging for the Model 3 Performance? I am also Signature S (P85) owner since 2012. Is there a way I can get the free super-charging for Model 3?

If it is anything like the X and S, slooowly drive past the spot you want to part in and it will show a P on the dash once it sees it. I am sure your latest generation AP (We have AP1 on our X) has better sensors and might "see" the spot sooner.

As to supercharging on your performance model 3: I think you are grandfathered in but ask Tesla (or go charge and see if you have it)

If it is anything like the X and S, slooowly drive past the spot you want to part in and it will show a P on the dash once it sees it. I am sure your latest generation AP (We have AP1 on our X) has better sensors and might "see" the spot sooner.

As to supercharging on your performance model 3: I think you are grandfathered in but ask Tesla (or go charge and see if you have it)

The problem is "P" is not showing up. My Sig S never had autopilot capability, so never was able to test. But, a loaner S once let me do it, so I had a brief experience with it. Same Parking Spot is not being recognized by the brand new Model 3. Not sure what to do!

Mohan

This is the one feature I have a hard time getting to work. I pass the spots slow, I pass them close to the right. is close to impossible to get it to work.
and from 3 times I got it to work, twice stopped in the middle of execution. just didn't want to move more so I had to finish parking,

AFAIK, it doesn't sense the parking space with the cameras. It uses sonar/radar to detect adjacent cars. So it won't work unless you're parking in between two other cars/objects. It did work between a car and a curb once but it usually won't detect a curb. It's definitely not something that you can rely on but it's a cool trick when it works.

As the previous poster said, auto-park will only work when there are cars on both ends of the parking space you want to use. And I think you need to be going 5mph or less as you drive past the spot.

And for the free supercharging, I believe you should get it. I think that all P’s ordered before Aug 1st qualify.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeATL
The most important requirement for getting AutoPark to work is to read the instructions closely.

If I remember correctly, only between two cars, less than 27 mph, watch for P to appear (and disappear because you were going too fast)
It is slower than molasses, if there are other cars on the road, they will probably be blowing horns at you.

Weird that it doesn't detect parking when there are no other cars. It should be jumping up and down to park when there are no other cars! :) The one time, my loaner S, detected the spot automatically, I don't actually remember whether there are cars in the adjacent spots or not. I am trying the same spot, with cars on both sides, and Model 3 is not recognizing. It is perpendicular parking (not parallel).

Hello All,

I got my Model 3 AWD Performance yesterday. Beautiful car and I love it!

I can't get AutoPark to work. What I mean is, it doesn't show me the "Parking Spot" for me to move into. Is there a trick to enable the feature?

Other Autopilot features seem to work. Cruise Control, AutoSteer, Lane Changes seem to work. But, Auto Park doesn't seem available.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Mohan
PS: Did I just miss the free super-charging for the Model 3 Performance? I am also Signature S (P85) owner since 2012. Is there a way I can get the free super-charging for Model 3?
I’m having the same issue

Auto park and auto lane change will not work if any of the ultrasonic parking sensors are inoperable. Unfortunately there isn't a user-facing error in this case.

I had the #10 sensor inop since delivery. Took 2 months for parts and mobile service to come fix. Just now able to use these features.

Other symptoms:
  1. No parking sensor warning chimes
  2. No warning "lines" when approaching obstacles from the front while in Drive
  3. No warning "lines" along the side of the vehicle when obstacles go past (like other cars)

In my personal experience there are two secrets to get autopark to work consistently:

1. Drive much further past the spot you want to park in than comes naturally to you, by maybe 5-7 feet; and

2. You need the spot (and cars next to the spot) much closer to your car than comes naturally to you. If the spot you want is the driver side, pull up as close as you'd get to an ATM to get cash or a drive through window.

Road tested the 3 yesterday waiting for ours on the 22nd, we came back and did the perpendicular parking, had to go very slowly driving by the parked car till the P showed then pressed on P and it parked by itself in three steps (1 back, 1 forward and 1 back)