Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 on Confirmed Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
So, with the AP 2.0 announcement that all S and X now in production have the AP 2.0, and no Hong Kong X yet in production, it seems we will have AP 2.0 in all Hong Kong Model X cars. Fantastic news; especially considering the mess back in 2014 with signature and early production S not having autopilot.

• Informative
Reactions: Frogwheels
I assume most of us have ordered our X with the Autopilot upgrade.
The question now is if we will receive the regular Autopilot, which we paid HK$19400 for but now is apparently included standard on all cars:

Tesla HK Homepage.jpg

Or if our order will be upgraded to "Enhanced Autopilot" that will probably be selectable for ~HK$32000 in HK (option not available on Tesla HK site as of yet).

Hi All, I am new to here. I've just ordered Model X, while other part of the world got Hardware 2 as updated in their country web site. But seems we can only have Hardware 1!
How come?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 52
my spec sheet also appeared Hardware 1.

I will be quite disappointed if my model X come with APH1, because at Tesla website it states that "ALL".

Is Tesla going to treat HK just like Samsung did? They globally recall Note 7, but HK wasn't part of "global" according to Samsung's understanding. LOL!!!

Last edited:
I confirmed my Model X order about a week ago and I just checked my Design Spec it says I have AutoPilot Hardware 1.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Yep, I also see that. While the Hong Kong homepage does state "Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Cars" now, it worries me that they updated the order description to specifically state "Hardware 1".

It's all a bit strange, Hong Kong is the only site to show that. I switched through nearly all countries with the country selector on the Tesla site – every other country was updated to show the new "Enhanced Autopilot" and "Full Self-Driving Capability" options for Model S and X, implying that basic Autopilot now comes standard with all orders, whereas HK customers still have to pay HK$19,400 for this.

The HK site still even shows solid white and titanium metallic color options and for the Model X the 60D battery option, both of which aren't available in any other country anymore. Why would they keep extra stock of paint exclusively for HK orders? As if HK has its own factory...

Is this just due to regulatory issues with the stubborn Transport Department? I'll reach out to Tesla tomorrow to check what's going on.

Yep, I also see that. While the Hong Kong homepage does state "Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Cars" now, it worries me that they updated the order description to specifically state "Hardware 1".

It's all a bit strange, Hong Kong is the only site to show that. I switched through nearly all countries with the country selector on the Tesla site – every other country was updated to show the new "Enhanced Autopilot" and "Full Self-Driving Capability" options for Model S and X, implying that basic Autopilot now comes standard with all orders, whereas HK customers still have to pay HK$19,400 for this.

The HK site still even shows solid white and titanium metallic color options and for the Model X the 60D battery option, both of which aren't available in any other country anymore. Why would they keep extra stock of paint exclusively for HK orders? As if HK has its own factory...

Is this just due to regulatory issues with the stubborn Transport Department? I'll reach out to Tesla tomorrow to check what's going on.

I have checked with my sales but he seems pretty clueless.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. Thanks.

Hi all, I too confirmed my order for a model x this week and my design spec says AutoPilot Hardware 1. What does this mean? Hopefully we will get AutoPilot 2.0 hardware with just software limited functionality (e.g. 1 camera being used). Would be nice to get the upgraded processing power which can hopefully speed up the 17' screen UI as well.

Would be nice to get the upgraded processing power which can hopefully speed up the 17' screen UI as well.
In the conference call Elon stated that the navigation computer was separate from the infotainment system: "You don't want to be crashing the car because you went to the wrong website".

Of course that doesn't rule out an upgrade to the NVIDIA Tegra unit that powered the infotainment system until now...

I confirmed my Model X order about a week ago and I just checked my Design Spec it says I have AutoPilot Hardware 1.

Probably because they updated the descriptions to accurately reflect what you ordered. The next step will be to update in process orders to the new option codes. But before they do that they will probably contact you to see if you want to upgrade to one of the two new packages. (So they only have to change your order once.)

Reactions: markwj
Your invoice wont change, but it will be delivered with AP2.0. This is from my previous experience in MS, they wont bother in changing the invoice, you just need to trust them.

One thing is unclear tho is if I have added the autopilot option prior to the release, does this mean I am going to get the enhanced autopilot (USD$5000 option) or the Full self driving autopilot (USD$5000 + 3000 option).

And for those people who paid for the full self driving autopilot, are they going to get refund if the local authorities disapprove all full self driving autopilot functions.