Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 2.5, how do you know...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my delivery over the weekend and was curious how one would know if your Tesla has Autopilot hardware 2.0 vs 2.5?

I did receive an email from Tesla over the weekend, which (sort of) indicates that my Tesla has the new hardware...?

Here's the email:

We recently introduced some minor hardware changes to the Autopilot system in new cars like yours, and we are now in the process of robustly validating the new hardware using real-world driving data. During that process, Automatic Emergency Braking will temporarily be inactive and will instead be in shadow mode, which means it will register how the feature would perform if it were activated, without taking any action.

This temporary calibration period is standard Tesla protocol and is done out of an abundance of caution. We expect to have Automatic Emergency Braking enabled in your car in three to six weeks and we’ll let you know when that happens. In the meantime, early collision warning systems and all other Autopilot features we’ve enabled to date will still be active and functional.

I am sorry that I couldn't help you with discerning the difference between HW 2.5 vs. 2.0. However what we can ascertain that another firmware update is coming within next 3 to 6 weeks, hopefully a major one. Thanks for sharing.

BTW: referral codes are not allowed in signatures, please amend your signatures before Mods remove it.