Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2 Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you give an evaluation as to the range of the ultrasonic range sensors in the front and rear? They're claimed to be twice the resolution and range as the prior generation and I'd like to know if they're effective at blind spot detection now or not
I don't have much experience with the previous model so I wouldn't be able to compare. I think I got a 30+" warning while parking with a car behind me, but I didn't think to test its limits. Will try that the next time I'm in it. It's funny, I used to go weeks without driving and now I'm looking for excuses to get behind the wheel :)

Also, I can confirm that there is no cruise control whatsoever on my AP2.0 Model S right now. Eagerly awaiting an update whenever it comes!

An update to my update. There was a firmware update this morning, which gave it regular cruise control. The Reddit thread (New firmware for AP2.0 owners adds regular cruise control • /r/teslamotors) made me realize I should have tested to see if it was TACC or regular cruise control. Will experiment with it tomorrow to see.

I took a video of the maps and browser apps in the console in a comment to my Reddit post here: Just joined the Tesla family! P100D with AP2.0. I feel super grateful to the universe right now! • /r/teslamotors

Also, I can confirm that there is no cruise control whatsoever on my AP2.0 Model S right now. Eagerly awaiting an update whenever it comes!

Thanks for sharing @jsherwani. Another question, is there any difference in the rear-view camera display? Hoping there might be some sort of birdseye view type 360 surround camera view now that there are cameras all around.....

• Love
Reactions: ShadowR55
I don't have much experience with the previous model so I wouldn't be able to compare. I think I got a 30+" warning while parking with a car behind me, but I didn't think to test its limits. Will try that the next time I'm in it. It's funny, I used to go weeks without driving and now I'm looking for excuses to get behind the wheel :)

I'm mostly curious how it works while in traffic as a blind spot detection system. The previous system only detected vehicles immediately adjacent and was very inadequate.

Reactions: vrykolas
Got my new baby today. let me know if you have any questions.
As stated by MP3Mike, no autopilot yet just cruise control. Can't wait for 8.1.
20161122_101125.jpg
20161122_095423.jpg
20161122_101132.jpg

Finally!!! My Tesla dashboard was updated between 11:30 PM last night and 6:30 this morning with car in production!

Here are some additional key dates & modification information.

Ordered on Oct 7, held per pending announcement on Oct 10
Confirmed on Oct 15, then again on 17, then again on 24
VIN on Oct 17
Modified on 10/27 (upgrade from AP to Enhanced Autopilot)
Current Delivery window is Late November - December

Updated the spreadsheet:Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I for one have a lot to be thankful for and this great news is certainly one of them!:D:D:D

I'm mostly curious how it works while in traffic as a blind spot detection system. The previous system only detected vehicles immediately adjacent and was very inadequate.

Right now it doesn't do anything while in traffic. The display of the car (normally with lane tracking) currently shows no lanes and no cars, i.e. no detection at all from what I can tell.

What is the version number for this latest firmware?

8.0 (2.46.30). What's the latest firmware for non-AP2.0 cars?

Thanks for sharing @jsherwani. Another question, is there any difference in the rear-view camera display? Hoping there might be some sort of birdseye view type 360 surround camera view now that there are cameras all around.....

No, just the view from the rear view camera. I imagine that most people would take some training to adjust to a bird's eye / fisheye view of the surroundings so I'm guessing that wouldn't be a high priority feature in their development cycle.

Finally!!! My Tesla dashboard was updated between 11:30 PM last night and 6:30 this morning with car in production!

Here are some additional key dates & modification information.

Ordered on Oct 7, held per pending announcement on Oct 10
Confirmed on Oct 15, then again on 17, then again on 24
VIN on Oct 17
Modified on 10/27 (upgrade from AP to Enhanced Autopilot)
Current Delivery window is Late November - December

Updated the spreadsheet:Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I for one have a lot to be thankful for and this great news is certainly one of them!:D:D:D
Congrats! I know it is very tough waiting....

Thanks! I guess with all the twist and turns of AP2 and the wait after, might as well make it special and build it on the Thanksgiving day!

Now I don't know what to do with all the free time i got not refreshing my dashboard!:D
Congrats! Got a Thanksgiving car myself - entered production today. Didn't think about it until you said it, but I guess that is special :)