Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 2020 , What is actually included ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the puzzle you see - it doesn't do automatic lane change when you are driving in AP (which I think comes with EAP?) and under options it doesn't say EAP. What it says is "No battery performance" (what does this mean incidentally?) and $APPC. A quick google search on $APPC leaves me none the wiser - there are a couple of forum postings basically asking the same as me - what does this mean but no categoric answers. If you can tell me that would be great.

Pretty sure ‘No battery performance’ means it’s not a Performance model or doesn’t have launch control etc, that’s normal if typically unclear. The $APPC I’ve never seen before and, yes, auto lane change with Nav on AP is an EAP feature.

The fact that the upgrade price is £5.8k, which is the new full FSD cost, suggests to me that your car had an EAP trial, the owner didn’t buy it but Tesla forgot to turn it off. For a tech company their systems are often very poorly implemented and I have heard of this type of situation before.

I’m afraid I’m out of ideas o_O

Thanks - this sounds plausible and may be the explanation. It's just weird that what we have in terms of functionality appears to be between what came with EAP and now comes with standard AP.

It is odd. If it was an AP trial maybe it was before the Nav on AP / auto lane change update came out an that's why you don't have that functionality. Seems unlikely though.

It is defo an AP2 facelift car isn't it?

Yes def AP2 and facelift. When I was talking about no lanechange what I meant was that when you switch the AP on say on a dual carriageway and check its safe to overtake and then indicate to change lane it doesn't do the lane change for you. I think that is maybe different to the NAV on AP lanechange? We had an AP1 car as a loan recently and it did do the lanechange but I think that that was part of the AP that came with AP1 cars. I think it was also part of EAP but it doesn't work for us.