Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 3.2 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has its "car computer" being replaced next monday with the following as autopilot decided to stop working, same for all cameras and speed regulator :

TLA,CAR.COMP,LHD,RW,AP3.2,TSC,eCall- 1.0 PROVISIONED(1566786-S1-C)

It seems mine has currently HW 2.5 (reported by teslascope), what are the advantages between 2.5 and 3.2, does anyone know where I can find more details ?

Thanks!

My car has its "car computer" being replaced next monday with the following as autopilot decided to stop working, same for all cameras and speed regulator :

TLA,CAR.COMP,LHD,RW,AP3.2,TSC,eCall- 1.0 PROVISIONED(1566786-S1-C)

It seems mine has currently HW 2.5 (reported by teslascope), what are the advantages between 2.5 and 3.2, does anyone know where I can find more details ?

Thanks!

Not sure why it says "AP3.2". I am assuming you are just getting the FSD computer.

Reactions: rxlawdude
The API doesn't report accurate values for this part last I recall. AP3.2 is the version of HW3 that has the dashcam USB port in the glovebox (something about adding usb3 support). I assume this is a pretty new car?
What does the USB port have to do with HW3? Nothing. Different computer.

My WAG is that over time, the firmware in the HW3 computer has been updated and that this is now the current rev. And, of course, OTA updates could have already updated HW3 firmware during a software update.

What does the USB port have to do with HW3? Nothing. Different computer.
It doesn’t, however HW3.1 and 3.2 improve on the link between the MCU and HW3 boards which could theoretically improve things like visualizations, dash cam on screen, etc. The USB port in the glovebox is usb3. The MCU and HW boards are one unit so they go hand in hand.

See some discussion here:

The MCU and HW boards are one unit so they go hand in hand.
If this is true, and it materially affects functionality of FSD as released to vehicles with 3.2 in its then-current state, I'll be asking Tesla to provide this update. Along with thousands of others.

I don't expect USB 3.0 upgrades, just the hardware that meets the minimum requirements for "GA" public betas and beyond.

WAG: Tesla will fork "FSD" from new vehicles, which will be offered "FSD Plus" or somesuch.

If this is true, and it materially affects functionality of FSD as released to vehicles with 3.2 in its then-current state, I'll be asking Tesla to provide this update. Along with thousands of others.

I don't expect USB 3.0 upgrades, just the hardware that meets the minimum requirements for "GA" public betas and beyond.

WAG: Tesla will fork "FSD" from new vehicles, which will be offered "FSD Plus" or somesuch.
Yeah. Don’t think they’d upgrade people to this. HW4 *maybe* but my WAG is also that they’d rebrand fsd at that point