TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot 32.12.1 Update Broke Lane Change

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by Biggitybig, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Biggitybig

Biggitybig Member

I upgraded my car, Tesla 3 Long Range in Phoenix, from 32.11 to 32.12.1 my automatic lane changes whether done when in navigate on autopilot or just regular autopilot no longer effectively changes lanes on the highways. It always starts to change the lane then swerves back. This occurs even with no one else near my car. Noticed a new bug in Spotify as well. What can I do to fix this. I tried the two control knob screen restart already.

• Like x 1
  2. TresLA

TresLA Member

My RWD LR 3 also just updated yesterday from 32.11.1 to 32.12.1 but I haven’t noticed any issues. Drove about 100 miles on NoA including lane changes.

First, you might want to submit bug report from car especially right after an auto lane change failure. Otherwise, do you remember whether it is slowing down and not completing the lane change because it’s thinking something is in the way? When it slows down, is the visualization showing any sign as to why it’s not confident enough to complete the maneuver? Or is there a message or warning below the visualization?

3. Routybouty

Routybouty Member

I also have issues with NoA lane changes since the update. I have not successfully completed one. Specifically at interchanges, it flips on the signal and sits in the lane for at least 5 seconds with no traffic issues. At that point, I no longer want to look like a moron and manually get over. I'm not sure if it would have ever got over, I tried twice and it failed both times. Those same two spots were actually working pretty good before the update. I also had one abort with an approaching car, wasn't anything I wouldn't have completed.

4. Kappachino

Kappachino Member

I can also relate to this.
    The update has caused the car to be more hesitant on lane changes, especially when the highway seems to curve to the right.
    Even after obstructions are clear, the car will not turn left and stay blinking.
    Manual intervention seems to be the only way to keep things going.

5. Routybouty

Routybouty Member

No change on 2019.32.12.2 either. It does eventually change lanes. I went for a drive late at night and let it do whatever. Merging from an on ramp; it flipped on the signal, hesitated for about 4-5 seconds, drifted towards the lane line and bounced off back into the center of the lane. Then, it finally changed lanes about 2-3 seconds later. The whole ordeal took about 10-12 seconds. Tesla please fix!