TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot 99km/h max?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 3tTeam, Dec 24, 2020.

1. 3tTeam

3tTeam New Member

New model 3, so, probably pilot error. Set cruise on motorway and it will only let me set to max 99km /h. What am I doing wrong?

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

The cruise is good from 0 and up to 90 miles per hour or 144.8 km/h.

If it can't go up to that limit, maybe that stretch of the road is not coded for any higher speed limit.

3. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

Check the speed offset settings in the autopilot (I think) menu - anyway one those menus

• Love x 1
  4. 3tTeam

3tTeam New Member

Still can't see why it will not "set" at more than 99ks. No useful answers yet.

5. Onshore

Onshore Member

Tell us more about what you’ve tried?

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Here is a picture of my Model S AutoPilot settings.
    I have it set to +5 Km/h ‘Relative Offset’
    upload_2021-1-9_18-8-41.jpeg
    When I engage AutoPilot where the speed limit is 80 Km/h it will set it to 85 Km/h, where the speed limit is 110 Km/h it will set at 115 Km/h.
    You can set the ‘Relative Offset’ a negative amount so if it were set to -1 on your car and the recorded speed limit was 100 Km/h Autopilot would set to 99Km/h but you would be able to adjust it back up to 100.
    If you can’t do that your car may be set to 99 Km/h ‘Absolute Offset’ which limits AutoPilot to 99Km/h, which sounds like what is happening in your case.
    Please note that this picture is of my Model S and it may be slightly different on your Model 3.

7. Wol747

Wol747 Member

Is the max speed allowable 99Mph? Perhaps the computer is for some reason thinking in miles. Try changing the Mph/Kph setting several times and then back to Kph.
    Just a thought.....

8. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

To clarify: Have you been able to set above 99km/h on any freeway? Not even on one single freeway ever?

9. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

if the car percieves the road to not be a dual carriageway it lets you set max 10km/h over. bit annoying if you have single lane highways like we have in australia...