Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot a fraud? The linked author bets Elon he'll eat a hat if it changes lanes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we please stop discussing the car in this thread. This is about hat eating.

In all fairness, Elon also made a pledge to eat his hat (based on estimated Model S development costs). "I will eat my hat if we spend anything close to $700 million on our model-2 car." To my knowledge he never followed through on that pledge.

In all fairness, Elon also made a pledge to eat his hat (based on estimated Model S development costs). "I will eat my hat if we spend anything close to $700 million on our model-2 car." To my knowledge he never followed through on that pledge.
But reading through that thread... I don't see anywhere that it states they went over in R&D for the Model S over $700 mil. Is there another thread that details this?

Also, what is the criteria... developing a car and manufacturing same car, in my mind, are 2 different budgets.

Yep I'm now blocked as well... A-hat...

Jeff

Blocked as well. Wow. What is this world coming to. Why can't people admit when they are clearly wrong about something. I know its not a big deal, but it's kind of infuriating. The guy makes bold claims and is SO SURE of himself and when proven completely wrong he choose to block the people keeping him honest and go "LALALALALA Tesla Goons". I can't stand it.

Eh, I'm not blocked. But I'm not giving him more views, either. And yes, I'm not the internet. I don't remember saying I was. He keeps deflecting, trying to make it about "Elon's goons". He's not going to face up to the fact he was wrong. Not a surprise :).

Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 4.47.40 PM.png

Whatever happened to just admitting when your prediction turns out to be wrong, apologizing/acknowledging the truth and moving on? It would appear that Mr. Schmitt was wrong this time......

I just installed the software today, read the release notes (less than 5 min of effort) and took my Model S out to drive with the autoplot engaged in moderate traffic, two lane divided highway. It works fine when the road line conditions are reasonably good. And the lane change feature worked as expected. I drove 20 miles or so and was only asked to take control once. I took control 3 - 4 times myself.......probably because I am a scaredy cat.

I am not sure that this is more than a novelty for me ultimately, but I acknowledge this achievement and look forward to what is next.

If nothing else, I will damn sure be showing this to my friends.

The best hats to eat

If anyone needs to eat a hat, do not despair.

There are hats that are designed with hat eaters in mind. There is apparently rising demand for eatable hats.
Hat.JPG

I call them 'bikini' hats.

PaperHat.JPG

They are paper made, low weight, no toxic color pigments used during manufacture, although there might be a bit of Chlorine treatment involved during a bleaching process. If a hat eater gets slight gastrointestinal discomfort, a sip of milk easily counteracts the bleach effect inside the body.

My hat eating recipe: Fast for a few days, the longer the better. Not a 100% fast, just make sure to reduce food intake to 1/3 of the usual intake. Reduction to a 1/4 would be better, but is a tough ask. Hat eaters are already in a self-inflicted predicament and food deprivation just adds insult to injury (suicidal risk slightly increased). Make sure to conduct hat eating event only when your life is in good order in all other areas. That ensures keeping suicidal risk to a minimum.

You are ready for hat eating event when you start dreaming about yourself pigging out on unhealthy food. Shred the hat into tiny shreds, the smaller the better. Mix with your favorite meal. Eat small portions, making sure not to exceed the 1/3 calorie intake/day until all of the hat is consumed.

A body's chance of effectively dealing with the hat is improved by fasting. The usual daily load of toxins intake that the body has to deal with is reduced.

I hope a news outlet picks up this story and keeps up the pressure on this guy. He shouldn't be let off the hook so easily.

Remember, he was never coerced or challenged in the first place, he chose to state his "bet" publicly by his own free will.