TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot after delivery

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by djgabriel2004, May 14, 2016.

1. djgabriel2004

djgabriel2004 Member

Hi, I'm about to purchase a 2014 MS without autopilot enabled, It Does has the sensors.
    It also doesn't have the supercharger enabled (60kwh) I'm planing to go to tesla and activate both.($5500)
    I have a question, do you guys know if the autopilot software also include summon? I mean, if they install the software after delivery I'll be able to use summon
    Regarding the supercharger update, somebody know if it's just software or there's any Hardware update?

Thanks for your time

2. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

I think the answers are yes and software-only. But if I were you I'd get the VIN and verify with Tesla. If possible get it in writing.

• Informative x 1
  3. djgabriel2004

djgabriel2004 Member

thanks for your answer, I'll call tesla to verify that.

4. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

It's also important to verify before purchase that this vehicle truly has the autopilot hardware and not just parking sensors. You can tell it has autopilot hardware by the presence of the radar rectangle below the nose cone.

• Like x 1