Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and clicking noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could this be something that is normal and just never noticed it before?
I am in 5 to 10 mph traffic today on a packed frwy with the music off because my wife was on the phone when I noticed a clicking noise coming from the brake pedal area every time autopilot applied the brakes, anyone else get this?

The brake pedal on my P3D+ has started clicking as well. It seems to click right when I press it hard enough to engage the vehicle hold. I wouldn't be bothered except that the car is so quiet so the noise really sticks out.

I am in 5 to 10 mph traffic today on a packed frwy with the music off because my wife was on the phone when I noticed a clicking noise coming from the brake pedal area every time autopilot applied the brakes, anyone else get this?

I only have 800 miles on my Model3. I took delivery in March and I haven’t really used AP except playing with it. Today I used it in rush hour traffic and I heard this faint clicking sound. Very faint though and only in AP.

Yes, I have that "unknown" in my 2020 M3P. If I understand you correctly it sounds as if it could be the same issue. It's only occurred twice in (6 mo 2000 miles) A loud clicking which I can feel in the brake peddle. Autopilot was in the "on" state both times. Can't feel/hear anything in the steering. It seemed as if the car was trying to slowly accelerate and I had my foot on the brake. But, I am not sure of this. If I need Tesla service center, I will be forced to drive 6 hours w/ very little charging support. Ya, I dread if I ever need Tesla support in New Mexico