Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot and Cruise Control creeping when using Chill mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed the acceleration the yesterday from Standard to Chill on my MY22 M3LR, and had turned on cruise control when stationary behind another vehicle at a light. The car started doing this weird move/stop/move/stop creeping thing and came within less than a foot of the car in-front of me before I hit the brakes. I tested it again at another light and the same issue occurred.

Ended up turning on AutoPilot on the same road a few miles later, and sure enough the car was doing it again each and every stop.

After I got to my destination I restarted the car pressing both scroll wheels and the brake pedal, no change in behavior.

Changed the acceleration back to Standard and BAM, no more weird shudder creeping issues.

Has anyone else observed this behavior or is my car possessed and making sure I can't chill?

I changed the acceleration the yesterday from Standard to Chill on my MY22 M3LR, and had turned on cruise control when stationary behind another vehicle at a light. The car started doing this weird move/stop/move/stop creeping thing and came within less than a foot of the car in-front of me before I hit the brakes. I tested it again at another light and the same issue occurred.

Ended up turning on AutoPilot on the same road a few miles later, and sure enough the car was doing it again each and every stop.

After I got to my destination I restarted the car pressing both scroll wheels and the brake pedal, no change in behavior.

Changed the acceleration back to Standard and BAM, no more weird shudder creeping issues.

Has anyone else observed this behavior or is my car possessed and making sure I can't chill?
Was the move/stop creep accompanied by a clunking sound from the front end?