Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and FSD not available problem after car wrapped and fender cameras removed and reinstalled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Model X back today from being wrapped. Autopilot and FSD says unavailable and available on the next trip message.
When I put the car in reverse, the side fender cameras do not turn on
Installer double checked the connections and they are tight
I did 2 button reset 2x and still not available either autopilot or FSD
Rear camera works and so do the front cameras

Any tips and tricks to make them come back on or do I need to let the car drive for a while and eventually the cameras will be recognized and come back on?
Is this gonna require a Service call w Tesla?
Installer will pay if repairs needed.

Tia,

Ian B

Got the Model X back today from being wrapped. Autopilot and FSD says unavailable and available on the next trip message.
When I put the car in reverse, the side fender cameras do not turn on
Installer double checked the connections and they are tight
I did 2 button reset 2x and still not available either autopilot or FSD
Rear camera works and so do the front cameras
Any tips and tricks to make them come back on or do I need to let the car drive for a while and eventually the cameras will be recognized and come back on?
Is this gonna require a Service call w Tesla?
Installer will pay if repairs needed.
Tia,
Ian B
Contact the wrap installer. They broke it, they should know how to get it working again. After all they have been doing this on dozens, if not hundreds of Teslas. Honestly, they need to know how to fix these kind of problems. The wrap shop I chose has a pretty close working relationship with the local Service Center, and goes there regularly to get parts etc.

In a sort of related issue, my wrap shop told me they only have about a 50% success rate removing all the trim pieces from around the wheels, and reinstalling them. That was a precise opinion in my case. They broke two of them, one they knew about in advance, the second failed within a few weeks. I did not have any problems with my cameras after they reinstalled. In any event they took care of it all, getting parts and installing them.

Not my problem, I would recommend not making it your problem.

Reactions: MrIanB
Problem fixed. Couple youtube videos on how to power off car and wait a minute. Powered back on and autopilot showed up and now working.

Settings-safety-power off-wait a minute- step on brake pedal and car will power back on.

Ian B
This is actually the first time I have read that the Power Off, wait a min, press brake to power back on actually fixed something. Whenever I had a problem and call them, that's what they had me do. First the 2 buttons reset, then the power off/on. Every time for me, if the 2 buttons do not work, the power off/on also did not work. The first time I did it, it was 110 out and inside the car was 155. The reason I called was the A/C not working. So I did the 2 buttons with door open. When I did the Power Off/On, the tech had me close all the door to do it. And it was not just 1 min, I think he said to wait 3 min....hot sauna LOL. It didn't fix the A/C problem. What fixed it was letting the car go to sleep and next day it was working.