TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot and parking now available in HK for AP2

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Jswlim, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Matt_S75D

Matt_S75D Member

I called Tesla SC 2 days ago enquire for update, I received the update today, it is 17.26.76 now

2. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Do you have model x or s?

3. cclboss

cclboss New Member

I have Model X and just downloaded the update a couple days ago. However, I must say that the TACC and the Autosteer is not as smooth as my Model S with AP1. Does anyone else have the same experience? The TACC is a bit jerky, it braked when the car is front is much further away than the preset car length distance so no reason for suddenly slowing down for a second and the speeding up again. Also, the Autosteer is not very precise and tends veer off the centre of the lane on curves. I also noticed that the radar indication of the cars in front tends to be "jumpy" and not as precise as AP1. Finally, my MX does not detect the speed limit very well on the highway. The Model S detects them very well but on the same stretch of road then the speed limit changed from 80 to 100, the MX still shows 80.

4. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Drove the X to work today (or more accurately, the X drove me on AP2). Lung Cheung Road. Really, not impressed. Auto-steer was good, but the TACC part was frustratingly annoying - every slight bend in the road it slowed down from 75kph to 60kph. I guess it work would on straight roads (airport runs?), but on the winding Lung Cheung Road it fails miserably.

5. Argonaut

Argonaut Member

#45 Argonaut, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Hopefully things will get better as Tesla gets more data in HK. My MS desperately wanted to merge into a truck. Forcing the steering wheel in the opposite direction took a lot more force than I anticipated and I nearly overcorrected. My wife won't let me use it anymore when she's in the car.

Edit: adding to this, I saw a post in the main MS forum about AP2 wanting to rear end white cars. Last night I was following a white Bentley and the car didn't show up on the dash. I wasn't using TACC or AP but did think it was odd. Other cars later were displayed. Just be cautious in case this is a real issue.

6. kkeeiith

kkeeiith Member

My AP 2.0 MS with enhanced autopilot has not got the Auto-steer update but for TACC, I never had the issue with slowing down unreasonably on windy roads or rear ending into cars. Sometimes it is abit jerky when the car is going up a slope with an overhead road sign in front (which I assume the radar senses it as a non-moving object), but overall TACC works well and reacts ahead of the assigned car length.

• Informative x 1
  7. Jswlim

Jswlim Member

No - latest update does not activate auto wipers.

8. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Really?!? Even without engaging AP or TACC, the car try to take control of your acceleration?!? That would be a huge concern!

9. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

A bit disappointed with AP2. It is also crazy that they are releasing autopilot but cannot figure out the most basic functions like auto wipers and high beam. Even cheap low tech cars have auto wipers these days.

10. Argonaut

Argonaut Member

To be clear, my car didn't accelerate or have any issues. I just noticed that the white car in front wasn't showing up on my dash display. Hopefully just an anomaly.

11. cclboss

cclboss New Member

Is anybody having problems with AP2 not seeing the speed limit properly? My MS with AP1 is pretty accurate when it comes to seeing the stated speed limit but my MX with AP2 is not. Wondering if it is just mine or common issue with AP2. Maybe the hardware can be reset?

12. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

My X doesn't seems to recognise speed limits stated by road signs. I think the current version may only get its speed limits base on the GPS position and a database rather than acquiring speed limits from road signs.

13. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Autosteer available on my X since yesterday 17.26.76

14. cclboss

cclboss New Member

Yes, seems to the the case for HW2 from reading some overseas forums. Guess will have to wait for further updates to activate the camera to read the speed limit signs later.

15. kkeeiith

kkeeiith Member

MS AP2 with enhanced autopilot manages to read speed limit signs quite accurately on highways. In city road it is mostly set as 60km/h. I also just got the 17.26.76 update yesterday. Looking to test it out later in the evening.

16. Rayhk

Rayhk Member

Ap2 doesn't seem to be able to detect motorcycles.

17. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

Reminder for any HK drivers willing to contribute to fleet learning and improve Autopilot in HK by sharing road and video data from their AP cameras with Tesla:
    Tick the boxes under "Settings" -> "Safety and Security" -> "Data Sharing"

18. Argonaut

Argonaut Member

It should but is displayed as a normal car on the dash.

• Like x 1
  19. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

When there is a temporary speed limit does it obey that? If not most likely it is just the speed in the database rather than actively axquiring the speed from the signs with the camera

s it

20. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Had a drive from Town to airport yesterday. Car managed to have autopilot engaged from stone cutters to airport without requiring me to disengage it once. Questionable performance at time, but not to the point it requires a disengage.